Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Notary WorkJust PoliticsLeisure
Political discussion involving past and present political events, candidates and elections. Please read Msg #1 before posting.

Re: loan forgiveness
Posted by PaigeTurner of AK on 3/2/23 11:45am Msg #82640
Because my son has a horse in this race, I will tell you what I think.

His graduation was set for March 2020, right smack dab in the middle of Covid. He never went back after Winter break and had lost a lot of in-house teaching done in the lab, he lost out on the employers interviewing and job fairs, he missed out on his graduation, yet had to pay his tuition. Except for the beginning of his 1st semester, nothing was the same. He graduated with Biotech and bio-medical degrees and most of that was laboratory techniques and such his last year. Instead of doing it, it was all bookwork online. No lectures, no hands-on, nothing. He had a really hard time finding employment after he graduated. It took over a year but finally found a great job. If everything was the same, his employment would probably have been arranged before he graduated.

However, the Republican in mean doesn't think that all that they are offering should be paid off. I think that the years a student went to college during COVID should, however. That would be the years 2020 and 2021. The school still collected tuition but didn't provide the resources or opportunities. I believe they need to figure out what tuition those 2 years were for those attending those 2 years and reimburse those students for that if they paid out of pocket or pay off those 2 years of student loans.
Of course, Harvard is more expensive than your community college. So for that reason, they need to compensate accordingly, not just the flat rate. Each student needs to log in and supply that information.
I also think that those colleges need to foot at least 1/2 that bill back to the Government, as they benefited from their tuition and didn't account for what was missing.
PrevNextReturn to Just Politics

Messages in this Thread
 loan forgiveness - Art_MD on 2/28/23 3:06pm
 Re: loan forgiveness - Linda_H/FL on 3/1/23 10:11am
 Re: loan forgiveness -  JanetK_CA on 3/1/23 5:34pm
 Re: loan forgiveness - PaigeTurner on 3/2/23 11:45am

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.