Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Notary WorkJust PoliticsLeisure
Political discussion involving past and present political events, candidates and elections. Please read Msg #1 before posting.

Re: Was Trump correct about the Coronavirus origination?
Posted by MikeC/TX of TX on 5/27/21 6:53pm Msg #78769
You're making assumptions we currently have no evidence to support.

From the beginning, the lab was suspect because it was known that three researchers there came down with the disease. That was never in doubt - we knew it back in late 2019. What we didn't know - and still don't know - is how and where THEY contracted the disease.

Were they working with bats to isolate a virus, and accidentally got contaminated with it? We don't know.

Were they working on a project to actually CREATE a virus? We don't know.

Did they contract the virus outside of the lab and bring it in with them? We don't know.

Look at what the report said: the researchers had "symptoms consistent with both COVID-19 and common seasonal illness". The common seasonal illness they're referring to is influenza, which is not caused by a coronavirus. The common cold, however, IS caused by a coronavirus. So is SARS. Without more information, it's difficult to extrapolate from THAT statement that they definitely had COVID-19.

You mentioned in another post that your aunt and cousin in Boston had a COVID-like illness in November of 2019. Did either of them travel to Wuhan, or have contact with someone who had traveled to Wuhan? If not, they could not have had COVID-19, because what we DO know is that it started in Wuhan and first appeared here in the US in February of 2020.

I'm not saying that your theory is wrong or that it's a conspiracy theory; what I'm saying is that the facts we have so far don't support it.

As for the Former Guy - yes, he did say that the virus came from a lab in China, but he never provided any evidence to prove that. Never. Not once. And then he downplayed it, saying it was no big deal and would "just go away when the weather got warm". It didn't. 500,000 Americans died on his watch because he refused to react as quickly as he could have.

Yes, he did belatedly close the border to flights from China - sort of, because he allowed thousands of Americans who were in China (and specifically, Wuhan) to come home without being tested or quarantined. He also left the gate open for travelers from Europe for another month, even though the virus had already gained a foothold there. Where were the biggest areas of the US initially affected by COVID-19? The East Coast, specifically NYC and the surrounding area - the primary location for flights from Europe.

So was he right about the origin? I dunno - a broken clock is right twice a day, but it's still broken.

I think we need more information before we start jumping to conclusions. It MAY eventually prove your theory, but my guess is that it won't. Again, I'm not saying you're wrong, just that we don't have enough information yet.

And I'm sure I will be attacked by certain individuals here because I'm not willing to make that leap without the facts to back it up, but I won't apologize for that.
PrevNextReturn to Just Politics

Messages in this Thread
 Was Trump correct about the Coronavirus origination? - Luckydog on 5/24/21 6:22pm
 I honestly thought this was already settled last year. - Moneyman/TX on 5/24/21 9:51pm
 Re: I honestly thought this was already settled last year. - Luckydog on 5/25/21 2:09pm
 Re: I honestly thought this was already settled last year. - bagger on 5/27/21 8:08am
 Re: Was Trump correct about the Coronavirus origination? - MikeC/TX on 5/27/21 6:53pm
 Re: Was Trump correct about the Coronavirus origination? - Luckydog on 5/27/21 7:21pm
 Re: Who, What, Why, When, Where & sometimes How - Carolyn Bodley on 5/28/21 8:26am
 Re: oops — didn’t have not didn’t know n/m - Carolyn Bodley on 5/28/21 8:29am
 Re: Who, What, Why, When, Where & sometimes How - Luckydog on 5/28/21 8:36am
 Re: Who, What, Why, When, Where & sometimes How - Carolyn Bodley on 5/28/21 11:24am
 Re: Who, What, Why, When, Where & sometimes How - MikeC/TX on 5/29/21 7:27pm
 Re: Who, What, Why, When, Where & sometimes How - Carolyn Bodley on 5/29/21 8:42pm
 Re: Was Trump correct about the Coronavirus origination? - MikeC/TX on 5/29/21 7:11pm
 Re: Was Trump correct about the Coronavirus origination? - bagger on 5/28/21 12:07pm
 Re: Was Trump correct about the Coronavirus origination? - MikeC/TX on 5/30/21 5:01pm
 Re: Was Trump correct about the Coronavirus origination? - bagger on 5/31/21 12:22pm
 Re: Was Trump correct about the Coronavirus origination? - MikeC/TX on 6/7/21 7:44pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.