Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Notary WorkJust PoliticsLeisure
Political discussion involving past and present political events, candidates and elections. Please read Msg #1 before posting.

The media makes the news by deciding what to/not to cover
Posted by Moneyman/TX of TX on 10/8/21 12:06pm Msg #79507
If a story can be used to push their agenda (right or left) a media outlet "makes" news when they decide 1) if it is worthy of their coverage, and 2) what aspects of that story they cover and the aspects they either downplay or omit all together.

It is not that a police shooting an unarmed person is so common that it can't be covered, because the actual official FBI statistics show that 1) it is not as common as the media would like to portray it to be, and 2) the number of unarmed white people shot by police is double, or higher, than the number of unarmed black people shot by police each year. ANY time it happens it should be reported, not just when the victim is black, as the majority of the media believes it should be. The same is true of police abuse of power, in my opinion.
PrevNextReturn to Just Politics

Messages in this Thread
 I don't recall any national outrage for this police shooting - Moneyman/TX on 9/18/21 6:23pm
 Re: I don - Luckydog on 9/18/21 9:19pm
 Re: I don -  Mike Goodey on 9/19/21 11:13am
 Re: I don - Luckydog on 9/19/21 3:33pm
 The media makes the news by deciding what to/not to cover - Moneyman/TX on 10/8/21 12:06pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.