Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Notary WorkJust Politics
Discussion involving leisure activities: books, travel, hobbies, sports, Internet fun and more. Please read Msg #1 before posting.

Re: Must see TV
Posted by MikeC/TX of TX on 2/15/20 5:33pm Msg #31612
The perp was Director of Security for the company that printed the tickets.

As far as heritage is concerned, I'm second-generation American. Both maternal and paternal grandparents immigrated from Italy. We've been able to trace my maternal grandparents back to the town in Italy they were born, and I was able to find the name of the ship my maternal grandmother came here on as well as see the passenger manifest by going to the Ellis Island website. My maternal grandfather entered the country through Boston, so I haven't seen the records but I have a cousin who is really into genealogy and was able to access them.

I don't know much about my paternal grandparents other than that they immigrated from Sicily. A couple of years ago I had DNA testing done through MyHeritage.com. It seems to be fairly accurate; my younger brother and my cousin had theirs done as well, and the site identified them as my sibling and my first cousin. There's also a list of potential 3rd, 4th, and 5th cousins, but the names mean nothing to me.

I was just contacted the other day (through the website) by a potential 3rd cousin on my father's side. He's third-generation American, so I have to adjust my thinking a bit, but he mentioned that his great-grandmother immigrated from Sicily in the early 1900's and live in Brooklyn. He told me her name (which I didn't recognize) and then said she had a brother named Thomas who was a barber. My grandfather was named Thomas, immigrated about the same time, lived in Brooklyn, and was a barber. Bells are now going off in my head, and I'm going to have to start doing some research again because there are a lot of similarities.
PrevNextReturn to Leisure

Messages in this Thread
 Must see TV - MikeC/TX on 2/11/20 5:15pm
 I've seen part of this. It's amazing--mob involved. ;-( n/m -  MW/VA on 2/13/20 3:36pm
 The mob is always involved in this stuff n/m - MikeC/TX on 2/13/20 5:57pm
 Re: Must see TV - HisHughness on 2/14/20 10:53am
 I am addicted to watching the Finding Your Roots - notarydi/CA on 2/14/20 11:39am
 Re: I am addicted to watching the Finding Your Roots - MikeC/TX on 2/15/20 4:54pm
 Re: I am addicted to watching the Finding Your Roots - HisHughness on 2/17/20 10:20am
 Re: Must see TV - MikeC/TX on 2/15/20 5:33pm
 Re: Must see TV - Marcia Morris on 2/20/20 6:59pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.