Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Notary WorkJust Politics
Discussion involving leisure activities: books, travel, hobbies, sports, Internet fun and more. Please read Msg #1 before posting.

Re: We
Posted by Luckydog of FL on 3/29/20 1:57pm Msg #31831
"setup a system to have students earn volunteer credits for food delivery" We have Shipt and Insta cart already.

...They sent kids home 2 weeks ago here. Online instruction only. Clear the dorms as much as possible, kids went home to parents. Delivering groceries has -0- to do with earning credits towards a career and a huge lawsuit to the college if they get hurt/sick. Colleges are accredited, they cannot just make stuff up to earn credits. College degrees are much different than a HS volunteering program needed to graduate HS.
Teachers and professors are working from home, very few essential people are allowed on campus, and you will be stopped if not a purpose there. How do I know? My son is in college. His graduation commencement was canceled end of April. He was robbed of that, but it is what it is. We are trying to get refunded for his Cap and Gown right now. It's very sad he went his whole life through school and then no graduation at the end. Just a mailed diploma.

I do like the idea of the neighbor delivering for 3-4 families at a time. That is good, and I hope he is rewarded nicely for that. I am sure he can expand out to pharmacies and pet stores as well.

PrevNextReturn to Leisure

Messages in this Thread
 Does anyone use a grocery delivery service - MikeC/TX on 3/28/20 3:42pm
 Re: Does anyone use a grocery delivery service - Calnotary on 3/28/20 6:26pm
 Re: Does anyone use a grocery delivery service - MikeC/TX on 3/28/20 6:57pm
 Re: Does anyone use a grocery delivery service - Calnotary on 3/28/20 7:35pm
 A demo by an MD on how to sanitize food brought in. -  JanetK_CA on 3/28/20 6:59pm
 Re: A demo by an MD on how to sanitize food brought in. - Calnotary on 3/28/20 7:34pm
 Here's another one on receiving packages safely. -  JanetK_CA on 3/28/20 7:01pm
 We're doing a neighborhood thing, we have a young man - SC/CA on 3/29/20 1:09pm
 Re: We - Luckydog on 3/29/20 1:57pm
 well, we've been using Amazon Fresh and Whole Foods - notarydi/CA on 3/29/20 3:06pm
 Dr. Fauci approves! n/m -  Cheryl Elliott on 4/9/20 9:07am

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.