Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Notary WorkJust Politics
Discussion involving leisure activities: books, travel, hobbies, sports, Internet fun and more. Please read Msg #1 before posting.

Re: United Policyholders
Posted by Carolyn Bodley of CO on 8/25/21 8:25pm Msg #33406
Nothing strange. It was 2002. I took the Deed with accompanying letter from mortgage company to county recorder to get their name off of tax records. Everything was in order. Then I went to insurance company with same documents removing them. I went to both offices in person. It was two days later I spotted the woman tip-toeing thru the tulips, looking in windows. Not sure how many pics she took and about a week later we got the letter stating houses without mortgages are more likely to become rundown because homeowners won’t keep up maintenance and repairs. Believe me when I tell you our house/yard has never been a hazard or run down, and why after working hard to get the house paid off in less than 15 years, would we let it go to crap once paid off? We filed one Insurance claim, and that was the roof replacement due to hail. I filed a complaint with the Insurance Commission, called another insurance company on the phone snd had a better policy for less money the same day. We’ve had them since that day and they have never come out and inspected the house. Insurance Commission has several complaints against original company. After insurance commission began investigating our cancellation, original insurance company called/wrote that it was a mistake and reinstating our policy—sure it was a mistake. All of our vehicles insured thru original company. Have never filed a claim, so don’t know what they would do if we did. We had homeowners insurance at cabin with original insurance company since 1983 They were getting A LOT of money from us and all our policies. We built the cabin and there has never been a mortgage on it. Would have changed companies in 2002, but it is difficult finding coverage being located in the middle of a national forest. After they canceled our house in town, all of a sudden our yearly premium went down. Until 5 years ago, it never increased to what it had been for years. Policy ran from August to July. All of a sudden, 5 years ago in January, we got a letter and invoice saying they had been using an incorrect formula and giving us 2 weeks to pay for all the back incorrect billings. They wanted more than $5,000. Again, I filed a complaint with Insurance Commission. We had a paid in full policy thru July. They can’t raise rates in the middle of a policy period. They argued with the Insurance Commission who told them they were out of luck until August. Now being forced to look into new insurance, I found a company that would insure us immediately. I canceled original insurance and got refund for 6 months. I probably really do need to look into different auto insurance.
PrevNextReturn to Leisure

Messages in this Thread
 Updating your Homeowner's Insurance - Bear900/CA on 8/17/21 10:50am
 Natural disaster insurance - Bear900/CA on 8/17/21 11:41am
 Isn't that required by lenders any more? - Linda_H/FL on 8/17/21 11:59am
 Yes it is - Bear900/CA on 8/17/21 12:16pm
 More info - Bear900/CA on 8/17/21 12:44pm
 Property values are up--always a good idea to review to make -  MW/VA on 8/17/21 1:54pm
 Thanks You Bear 900! - Luckydog on 8/18/21 8:55am
 Re: Thanks You Bear 900! - Bear900/CA on 8/18/21 11:26am
 Re: Updating your Homeowner - SC/CA on 8/18/21 7:38pm
 new changes in florida - Art_MD on 8/23/21 10:33am
 Re: new changes in florida - Bear900/CA on 8/23/21 10:59am
 Re: new changes in florida - Art_MD on 8/23/21 1:39pm
 Re: new changes in florida - Carolyn Bodley on 8/25/21 6:07am
 United Policyholders - Bear900/CA on 8/25/21 6:55pm
 Re: United Policyholders - Carolyn Bodley on 8/25/21 8:25pm
 Re: oops typo - Carolyn Bodley on 8/25/21 11:17pm
 Re: United Policyholders - Bear900/CA on 8/26/21 10:12am
 Re: United Policyholders - Carolyn Bodley on 8/26/21 3:08pm
 Re: United Policyholders -  JanetK_CA on 8/30/21 5:06pm
 Re: United Policyholders - SC/CA on 8/27/21 2:16pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.