Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Notary WorkJust Politics
Discussion involving leisure activities: books, travel, hobbies, sports, Internet fun and more. Please read Msg #1 before posting.

Re: Mu Varient is vaccine resistant
Posted by  JanetK_CA of CA on 9/4/21 3:09pm Msg #33453
I believe it's only a 'variant of interest' vs. a 'variant of concern' because it's not as transmissible as the Delta variant, which seems to be dominating new cases. Let's hope Mu stays that way!

It's unlikely we'll stop seeing new variants until enough people are vaccinated worldwide that the numbers of infected persons decline dramatically, as each case is another opportunity for mutations to happen. What I think may be more likely - at least for the next few years - is that new boosters will include modifications needed to deal with new variants. But I don't think anyone can really know for sure at this point. Hopefully the mRNA technology will continue to lend itself to rapid adaptation to different kinds of mutations. It might end up being like the flu shot, where it varies a little bit each year, and we need an annual shot.
PrevNextReturn to Leisure

Messages in this Thread
 Mu Varient is vaccine resistant - Luckydog on 9/4/21 8:21am
 I think this is the one that hit So Florida first... n/m - Linda_H/FL on 9/4/21 10:55am
 Re: Mu Varient is vaccine resistant -  JanetK_CA on 9/4/21 3:09pm
 Re: Mu Varient is vaccine resistant - MikeC/TX on 9/5/21 4:42pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.