Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Notary WorkJust Politics
Discussion involving leisure activities: books, travel, hobbies, sports, Internet fun and more. Please read Msg #1 before posting.

"Just a big 'ol slab of tofu" - Huell Howser
Posted by Bear900/CA of CA on 1/15/24 11:58pm Msg #36752
I like corny humor. Oh, you could tell? I can't think of anyone cornier than Huell, who hosted a show on CA public TV called California Gold. He was born and raised in TN and transplanted to CA. He produced a show that allowed Californians to armchair explore parts of the state that we may have never been able to see. People either loved him or....

My wife would leave the room, but then I would hear her laugh listening to him. He was just a big 'ol slab of corn.

Once or twice a year I'll dig up an episode we haven't seen and now we both get our Howser fix.

Here's one from Little Tokyo in Los Angeles at a tofu festival. He starts out disdainful of the stuff until he tries out different recipes and it grows on him. We picked up a few recipe ideas as well.

Here's to tofu...and corn...

http://youtu.be/5vT7GoICYfE?si=-QDDh3qbflCixPYv
PrevNextReturn to Leisure

Messages in this Thread
 "Just a big 'ol slab of tofu" - Huell Howser - Bear900/CA on 1/15/24 11:58pm
 Re: "Just a big -  JanetK_CA on 1/16/24 3:56pm
 Re: "Just a big - SC/CA on 1/16/24 4:45pm
 Re: "Just a big - Bear900/CA on 1/17/24 11:16pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.