Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Notary WorkJust Politics
Discussion involving leisure activities: books, travel, hobbies, sports, Internet fun and more. Please read Msg #1 before posting.

Re: Hmmm, ponder this.
Posted by SC/CA of CA on 1/22/24 6:13pm Msg #36772
“So, before we attack each other, we should think about who is shaking the jar!” :-)

So true. Being aware of our own influences is not always an easy task, nor is trying to steer clear of the blame-game and demonization of the others. But, it’s a most worthy goal that’s for sure! ;-) Sometimes, it can just be a bad habit. Or just time for a healthy shift.

Here’s the article I was telling you about.

http://www.simplypsychology.org/robbers-cave.html

The whole story was interesting, with the critical evaluation and key takeaways summing it up in the end. I had never heard of this study before, and was somewhat surprised at the degree to which our influences effect our sense of identity and potential for creation of animosity toward perceived outside groups.

I think you might like the read.

I asked my husband the other day, as a point of discussion, “Can you describe a recent event that reinvigorated your faith in humanity?” He quickly cited our efforts to create a community forest and park in our community. It was a grassroots effort, with people from very different political views, socioeconomic status, and backgrounds who worked for 5 years to create an 1,100. acre community forest. It was the coming together of such a diverse group, toward a common goal, that was reinvigorating for my husband. He said it gave him hope.
PrevNextReturn to Leisure

Messages in this Thread
 Hmmm, ponder this. -  Cheryl Elliott on 1/22/24 4:09pm
 Excellent analysis... n/m - Lee/AR on 1/22/24 4:24pm
 Brilliant! - SC/CA on 1/22/24 5:01pm
 Re: Hmmm, ponder this. - SC/CA on 1/22/24 6:13pm
 What the world needs is a - Bear900/CA on 1/23/24 10:46am
 Re: What the world needs is a - SC/CA on 1/23/24 5:42pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.