Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Notary WorkJust PoliticsLeisure
Political discussion involving past and present political events, candidates and elections. Please read Msg #1 before posting.

Not dismissed after reviewing "the facts & the law"
Posted by Moneyman/TX of TX on 10/8/22 3:48pm Msg #81786
As to her thinking on the matter, I've always thought she had a unique and pretty good argument. I thought that should her case be tried, it would help to spotlight a seemingly clear contradiction in current Texas laws and it would be interesting just how the courts would work it out.

You claimed:
"Her ticket was finally dismissed by the DA, who dismissed it after reviewing "the facts and the law" "

Every source I found only shows the that the ticket was dismissed, without any reference to a review of "the facts and the law", as you claim.
Can you provide a link to your source so that I can compare to the several sources I found?

As an example of what I found: Here is a source where the pregnant woman herself is quoted say “Nobody is answering whether it’s right or wrong, they (just) dismissed it..."
http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2022/sep/01/pregnant-texas-mother-ticketed-carpool-hov-lane-roe-wade-protest

Obviously, the DA dismissed the ticket for the very issues that a trial with her stated defense would create that would have to be addressed by the courts. It wasn't dismissed because due to any "reviewing of the fact and the law". It is the very question of the law(s) covering the situation not being clear one way or the other that state officials would like to avoid. I think her second ticket will, more than likely, also be dismissed, just as the first one was without any explanation.

Until either the legislature addresses the issue with amendments to current law(s) or the courts rule on them specifically, the legal question will remain unanswered, legally and practically speaking.
PrevNextReturn to Just Politics

Messages in this Thread
 Update on Prgnant mom who got a ticket in HOV lane - MikeC/TX on 8/31/22 4:03pm
 Re: Update on Prgnant mom who got a ticket in HOV lane - PaigeTurner on 8/31/22 4:15pm
 Re: Update on Prgnant mom who got a ticket in HOV lane - MikeC/TX on 8/31/22 6:28pm
 Re: Update on Prgnant mom who got a ticket in HOV lane - PaigeTurner on 9/1/22 5:50pm
 Re: Update on Prgnant mom who got a ticket in HOV lane - MikeC/TX on 9/1/22 6:24pm
 Re: Update on Prgnant mom who got a ticket in HOV lane - PaigeTurner on 9/2/22 4:28pm
 Re: Update on Prgnant mom who got a ticket in HOV lane - MikeC/TX on 9/2/22 4:58pm
 Re: Update on Prgnant mom who got a ticket in HOV lane - PaigeTurner on 9/2/22 9:33pm
 Re: Update on Prgnant mom who got a ticket in HOV lane -  JanetK_CA on 9/3/22 3:06am
 Not dismissed after reviewing "the facts & the law" - Moneyman/TX on 10/8/22 3:48pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.