Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Notary WorkJust PoliticsLeisure
Political discussion involving past and present political events, candidates and elections. Please read Msg #1 before posting.

Tariffs = tax on the poor; unless Dems in control, I guess
Posted by Moneyman/TX of TX on 7/25/23 2:11am Msg #83049
All during the Trump administration (or any Republican administration really), the Dems complained that any tariffs put on imported goods is just a new tax on the poor. Well, it seems that if the Biden-Harrris administration goes ahead with their reported plan, in their minds, any tariffs any Democratic president puts on other countries, magically, won't hurt people already struggling under the high inflation these great Bidenomics have brought us.

Now, if someone argued for them just because it was Trump, don't argue against them just because it is Biden doing it.
By the same token, if you argued against them just because it was Trump, don't be a hypocrite either and argue for them just because it is Biden. Is consistency too much to ask for? Even a blind person can see that our political parties, and most politicians, are not willing to be consistent in what they "claim" to believe in. ... just my $0.02

"Biden Administration Considering New Tariffs That Will Hike Prices for Canned Goods"
http://reason.com/2023/07/24/biden-administration-considering-new-tariffs-that-will-hike-prices-for-canned-goods/
(the long link is for those who just love really long url links & get easily confused by tinyurl links)

PrevNextReturn to Just Politics

Messages in this Thread
 Tariffs = tax on the poor; unless Dems in control, I guess - Moneyman/TX on 7/25/23 2:11am

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.