Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Notary WorkJust PoliticsLeisure
Political discussion involving past and present political events, candidates and elections. Please read Msg #1 before posting.

Re: Sorry Mike.
Posted by MikeC/TX of TX on 8/15/19 6:32pm Msg #72773
Rich, I am not an idiot - I know that automatic mode on a military weapon means 3-round bursts each time the trigger is pulled. That burst tends to make the barrel drift up a bit, and I've read plenty of reports from veterans who said they PREFERRED to use semi-auto mode - one round per trigger pull with another round immediately going into the chamber and you can pull the trigger again immediately - because it was more accurate. The drift is even more apparent when using a bump-stock - which the military obviously doesn't use - because the recoil from each round fired causes the barrel to drift up, so after a few rounds you have no accuracy at all.

So tell me where in your own "extensive research" have you found that what I'm saying is incorrect?

Also, we're not talking about M-16s or M-4s - we're talking about the civilian versions of those weapons - the AR-15 and similar models. They are designed to one thing - kill people as quickly as possible. They are not designed for hunting, they are not designed for target shooting or shooting at tin cans, they are the civilian version of a military weapon, and they are just as deadly.

"Obviously many people enjoy it!"

And that's the justification for allowing them to have it? Because they like it? My dog really likes chocolate, but I don't let him have it because it could kill him.

50 people using this weapon to commit mass murder is 50 people too many. Those lost lives don't count for anything at all as far as you're concerned? They're just collateral damage while the rest of us are having fun playing with our deadly weapons? Would you allow your grandchild to "play" with an AR-15? After all, people enjoy it - it must be a fun toy! We've all seen stories of children who have gotten their hands on loaded handguns, and the bad things that have happened. It's only a matter of time before some Bubba leaves a loaded AR-15 within reach of a curious child. Maybe that will finally change the conversation.

The mantra that "guns don't kill people, people kill people" is nonsense - we have people USING guns to kill other people. You can come up with whatever excuses you want for mass shootings, but the common denominator is always the gun. I'm not anti-gun, I'm opposed to unnecessary guns. If you want to hunt or target shoot or shoot skeet or just shoot at tin cans, I'm fine with it. Not something I have any interest in doing, but I have absolutely no problem with you doing it.

My problem is people using a weapon designed for military use to that has no reason to be in civilian hands to do these things. I don't care if there are 10 million of them out there - that doesn't make it right, that just means it's out of control.

So let's start telling the REAL story, shall we? Why do we NEED these guns?
PrevNextReturn to Just Politics

Messages in this Thread
 Video games are not the problem - MikeC/TX on 8/5/19 6:38pm
 Re: Video games are not the problem - HisHughness on 8/8/19 3:01pm
 Re: Video games are not the problem - MikeC/TX on 8/8/19 7:46pm
 Sorry Mike. - bagger on 8/9/19 7:34am
 Re: Sorry Mike. - MikeC/TX on 8/9/19 5:39pm
 Re: Sorry Mike. - bagger on 8/10/19 8:23am
 Re: Sorry Mike. - MikeC/TX on 8/12/19 6:56pm
 Oh boy. - bagger on 8/16/19 1:16pm
 Re: Sorry Mike. - bagger on 8/10/19 9:02am
 Re: Sorry Mike. - MikeC/TX on 8/12/19 7:24pm
 Re: Sorry Mike. - bagger on 8/15/19 8:28am
 Re: Sorry Mike. - MikeC/TX on 8/15/19 6:32pm
 Re: Sorry Mike. - bagger on 8/17/19 4:28pm
 Re: Sorry Mike. - MikeC/TX on 8/17/19 5:44pm
 Re: Video games are not the problem - bagger on 8/10/19 1:21pm
 Re: Video games are not the problem - MikeC/TX on 8/12/19 7:44pm
 Re: Video games are not the problem - bagger on 8/16/19 6:54pm
 Re: Video games are not the problem - MikeC/TX on 8/17/19 6:00pm
 Re: Video games are not the problem - bagger on 8/16/19 7:58pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.