Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Notary WorkJust PoliticsLeisure
Political discussion involving past and present political events, candidates and elections. Please read Msg #1 before posting.

National Bone Marrow Program
Posted by MikeC/TX of TX on 4/17/21 10:51pm Msg #78399
This is a program, partially funded by the US Government, that matches bone marrow donors with those who need a transplant. It operates in conjunction with a private-sector group. Congress has voted to fund this for years.

When it came up for renewal this year, the House voted 415-2 to approve the funding. That's a bipartisan vote on what should be a no-brainer. The two "no" votes?

1. Marjorie Taylor Greene, who said she thinks it "opens the door" for stem cell research (it has nothing to do with stem cell research).

2. Lauren Boebert, who said she thinks it unnecessarily increases the National Debt (the budget line is less than $80 million, which doesn't move the debt needle at all).

Two morons who voted reflexively against a program they don't understand, a program that has existed for years, a program that helps people and saves lives, because they are too stupid to actually READ the bill and who think they were elected to obstruct anything and everything.

If they represent the future of the Republican Party, God help the GOP... and the rest of us.

Greene issued a challenge the other day to AOC to debate the "Green New Deal". AOC will probably ignore her, because why give this loser more oxygen? OTOH, part of me wants to see it happen, because AOC would absolutely wipe the floor with her... I don't agree with some of her politics, but AOC is definitely not a stupid woman.
PrevNextReturn to Just Politics

Messages in this Thread
 National Bone Marrow Program - MikeC/TX on 4/17/21 10:51pm
 I think you have a crush for - Luckydog on 4/18/21 6:56pm
 Re: I think you have a crush for - MikeC/TX on 4/21/21 5:25pm
 Re: National Bone Marrow Program -  Yoli/CA on 4/20/21 4:57pm
 Re: National Bone Marrow Program - Luckydog on 4/21/21 8:12am

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.