Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Notary WorkJust PoliticsLeisure
Political discussion involving past and present political events, candidates and elections. Please read Msg #1 before posting.

Re:
Posted by Luckydog of FL on 7/2/21 3:48pm Msg #78930
I agree with all of that. My son wasn't even taught cursive in school, but they have keyboards and computers in 1st grade and can type blindfolded 60 wpm by middleschool. Writing a check? Addressing an envelope? Things us old-timers take for granted is nothing the new generation had or has to do.
I don't mind automated cars, and I think would save a lot on road congestion and prevent a lot of accidents. I live in the land of 90-year-olds still driving and getting confused and plowing people down or crashing into storefronts because they can't tell the gas from the break.
I think it's all in moderation and the basics still have to be taught. Progress is moving so fast, even with our currency, we are lost. Bitcoin, cryptocurrency is where it's at. We may not like it, but that's what we are looking at now.
I love my computer and would be lost without it. IDK...we just can't blink or drag our feet or we will be plowed over by the new generation. I believe our weakest vulnerability as a nation is all our outdated computers protecting the grid and our finances. It's scary.
PrevNextReturn to Just Politics

Messages in this Thread
 MOM -  Mike Goodey on 6/29/21 4:08pm
 Re: MOM - Luckydog on 6/29/21 6:14pm
 Re: MOM - bagger on 6/30/21 10:15am
 Re: MOM - Luckydog on 6/30/21 2:50pm
 imho, people are idiots BECAUSE of computers. - Lee/AR on 7/1/21 10:34am
 Re: imho, people are idiots BECAUSE of computers. - Luckydog on 7/2/21 8:45am
 Re: imho, people are idiots BECAUSE of computers. - bagger on 7/2/21 12:23pm
 'zactly what I mean--they're dumbing us down - Lee/AR on 7/2/21 2:53pm
 Re: - Luckydog on 7/2/21 3:48pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.