Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Notary WorkJust PoliticsLeisure
Political discussion involving past and present political events, candidates and elections. Please read Msg #1 before posting.

Re: Not good for FL homeowners
Posted by PaigeTurner of AK on 10/6/22 9:43am Msg #81782
That's true. They can't make any insurance company stay in any place. Citizens is the state's insurance of last resort and are fast becoming the insurance of everyone it seems.
As for the coastal areas, they have been protected for a long time, they are also sinking artificial reefs and such. It's illegal to remove the natural vegetation or clear mangroves and sea grapes from the shoreline. Beach erosion has always been a thing here. I'd rather see them build sea walls, adding some boulders, sea breaks away from the beach than keep piping sand back into the beach costing millions each year, just to wash away the first storm. I don't think CA does that.
Back in the 50s they limited the height of the condos, they had more RV parks and such that weren't detrimental to the coastline, but now the huge 20-story condos back to back to back are here, traffic, Volusia County still allows beach driving because, at $20.00 per car, it's a money maker to the county.
Infrastructure under all that construction is rusting away and is a huge problem nobody is addressing. I guess leaving it to the individual property owners or waiting for another collapse.
I don't think there is a solution. New Orleans has been dealing with it for years.
PrevNextReturn to Just Politics

Messages in this Thread
 Not good for FL homeowners - PaigeTurner on 10/5/22 4:28pm
 Re: Welcome to what the West deals with bc of wildfires n/m - Carolyn Bodley on 10/5/22 5:24pm
 Re: Welcome to what the West deals with bc of wildfires - PaigeTurner on 10/6/22 9:29am
 Re: Not good for FL homeowners - MikeC/TX on 10/5/22 6:43pm
 Re: Not good for FL homeowners - PaigeTurner on 10/6/22 9:43am

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.