Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Notary WorkJust Politics
Discussion involving leisure activities: books, travel, hobbies, sports, Internet fun and more. Please read Msg #1 before posting.

Day 6 after retina surgery
Posted by  Cheryl Elliott of CA on 2/11/19 4:19pm Msg #30969
I'm making great progress at getting the eyedrops in my eyeball. It took practice, and sometimes I miss, but mostly I've perfected my aim. They are very expensive antibiotic and pain drops. I've almost completed a week of self administering these 4X daily. By the end of this round, I won't even need to take the drops. My post operative appointment is Thursday at 7:25am and I'll be dilated again so that the surgeon can see what's going on with my retina. According to him I should be seeing a significant improvement in my right eye between 6 and 8 weeks, that's between March 20 and April 4. It could take six months to get to 20/20, but I am patient. I have no pain, and once I have cataracts removed, I should not have to wear glasses any longer.

Take care of your eyes. There are so many things that can go wrong with your eyes, it's amazing. Especially for people who smoke, are diabetic and/or have high blood pressure. I'm spending less time on the internet, NR, and my phone. Eating a lot of carots and hummus, my favorite snack food, and moving more...no jumping jacks for a while though. Just long walks. By the time my grandmother and my mother passed in their 80s, their sight was pretty much gone. They both smoked, had high blood pressure and did not eat as well as I do.

There is nothing like our work to make your blood pressure soar, right? I'm really watching mine, although it has been 126/76 to 130/75 in the last year. I'm thrilled, but he damage was already done, apparently.

Baby, it's cold outside. I'm staying in where it is warm and toasty and getting in a lot of naps this week.
PrevNextReturn to Leisure

Messages in this Thread
 Things are looking up. -  Cheryl Elliott on 2/8/19 11:10am
 Re: Things are looking up. - HisHughness on 2/8/19 11:48am
 glad it all went well, Cheryl...... - notarydi/CA on 2/8/19 1:33pm
 Re: Things are looking up. - Yoli/CA on 2/8/19 2:19pm
 Re: Things are looking up. - Bear900/CA on 2/8/19 5:10pm
 Re: Things are looking up. - Luckydog on 2/8/19 3:45pm
 Re: Things are looking up. -  Cheryl Elliott on 2/8/19 7:57pm
 Re: Things are looking up. -  Claudine Osborne on 2/8/19 9:17pm
 Thank you all. Getting a lot of rest -  Cheryl Elliott on 2/9/19 9:31am
 Re: Thank you all. Getting a lot of rest - pdl/cali on 2/9/19 1:49pm
 Good luck Cheryl. I had no idea of your eye issues. Scary - grapebed on 2/9/19 4:23pm
 Day 6 after retina surgery -  Cheryl Elliott on 2/11/19 4:19pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.