Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Notary WorkJust Politics
Discussion involving leisure activities: books, travel, hobbies, sports, Internet fun and more. Please read Msg #1 before posting.

Re: Inkjet with low cost per page
Posted by MikeC/TX of TX on 11/26/19 5:52pm Msg #31488
Inkjet printers are like razors - the profit is in selling the blades, not in the razor itself. An ink-jet printer - even a multifunction - tends to be cheap. I have a Canon MX490, which also does faxing and scanning, and it cost me less than $100. If you don't need the bells and whistles, the Canon printers are even cheaper. The ink, on the other hand... I do not buy Canon ink - I buy from Inkjets.com, which I've found to be reliable. I can get two high-yield black cartridges and a high-yield color cartridge for less than $50 with free shipping. Canon ink would set me back about $35/cartridge. I have no idea what kind of page count I'm getting, but I do a lot of printing on the inkjet and don't replace the cartridges that often.

Your best bet for lower page cost is to use a printer like the Epson, which has individual cartridges for the three colors. With a printer like the Canon that uses a single color cartridge, you're going to be wasting ink at some point - once one color runs out, you have to replace the whole cartridge. The only reason I went with the Canon rather than an Epson was because the Epson equivalents were more expensive; I don't do much color printing anymore, so the single cartridge isn't really an issue for me now.
PrevNextReturn to Leisure

Messages in this Thread
 Inkjet with low cost per page -  VT_Syrup on 11/25/19 12:35pm
 IMO laser is always less expensive to operate than inkjet. -  MW/VA on 11/25/19 8:04pm
 Re: Inkjet with low cost per page - MikeC/TX on 11/26/19 5:52pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.