Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Notary WorkJust Politics
Discussion involving leisure activities: books, travel, hobbies, sports, Internet fun and more. Please read Msg #1 before posting.

We're doing a neighborhood thing, we have a young man
Posted by SC/CA of CA on 3/29/20 1:09pm Msg #31830
in the neighborhood, who is at the moment willing to shop, and consolidates his trips to the stores, and shops for 2-3 families per shopping excursion. It's a little unpredictable, and he doesn't get a lot, but it helps ! We keep our list handy, and when he calls to say he's going, we're ready to tell him what we need. We know and trust each other, so that helps a lot. We write him a check for the groceries.

Some other ideas I have (as to not over-burden him) is to contact the pet supply store (where they do free deliveries of pet food), and ask if they would do the same for people food :-), just maybe do one or two shopping rounds for us.

Also, I may contact our local university. In my mind, I'm calling it Collegecorps (like Americacorps or Peacecorps), where they setup a system to have students earn volunteer credits for food delivery. I know some people at the university, so you never know....it's worth a shot.

Someone else mentioned using next-door.com. A local, neighborhood platform.

Thanks for sharing that video, Janet ! Once again with the extremely useful information. And thank you Mike, for sharing and bringing up this important topic !
PrevNextReturn to Leisure

Messages in this Thread
 Does anyone use a grocery delivery service - MikeC/TX on 3/28/20 3:42pm
 Re: Does anyone use a grocery delivery service - Calnotary on 3/28/20 6:26pm
 Re: Does anyone use a grocery delivery service - MikeC/TX on 3/28/20 6:57pm
 Re: Does anyone use a grocery delivery service - Calnotary on 3/28/20 7:35pm
 A demo by an MD on how to sanitize food brought in. -  JanetK_CA on 3/28/20 6:59pm
 Re: A demo by an MD on how to sanitize food brought in. - Calnotary on 3/28/20 7:34pm
 Here's another one on receiving packages safely. -  JanetK_CA on 3/28/20 7:01pm
 We're doing a neighborhood thing, we have a young man - SC/CA on 3/29/20 1:09pm
 Re: We - Luckydog on 3/29/20 1:57pm
 well, we've been using Amazon Fresh and Whole Foods - notarydi/CA on 3/29/20 3:06pm
 Dr. Fauci approves! n/m -  Cheryl Elliott on 4/9/20 9:07am

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.