Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Notary WorkJust Politics
Discussion involving leisure activities: books, travel, hobbies, sports, Internet fun and more. Please read Msg #1 before posting.

It's their choice
Posted by  Mike Goodey of CA on 2/6/23 12:10am Msg #35664
My son had a busy couple of days this past weekend...1st he spotted a would be arson about 100 yards from where he and his team were. The police found the man and he was charged with felony arson. He had been setting fires behind businesses, a few each night.

Last night he and his crew got a call about a pregnant women needing assistance. When they arrived they found the lady in the bathtub getting ready to give birth. The dispatcher was giving her husband delivery instructions.
My son checked her and decided she could probably make it to the hospital 8 minutes away.

Well, as babies are, this one decided he was coming out about 4 minutes into the ride. My son had help since there were 3 interns on this ride, they had all passed their certification for paramedic but hadn't received them yet. So my son is in charge expecting one of the interns to help. One other intern grabs the birthing bag, hands it to the intern trying to help but things are flying around and they ended up having to open another bag to get blankets, clamps and scissors. My son said afterward it seemed like a circus, especially when the baby just plopped out. The mom's son was born in the ambulance.

I'm guessing this was my sons' first delivery but he told my wife and I that it was his 5th but most were delivered at home. We did see a video of he and his partner a few years ago taking a newborn from a Subway restaurant that was left in a toilet. Was told a woman gave birth and left it there. He's been on t.v. a couple of times. My son is a man of few words unless he is working.
PrevNextReturn to Leisure

Messages in this Thread
 It's their choice -  Mike Goodey on 2/6/23 12:10am
 Busy son. - Amigoaz on 2/6/23 12:31pm
 Re: It -  Cheryl Elliott on 2/6/23 12:31pm
 I meant to say...these are amazing young men and we are -  Cheryl Elliott on 2/6/23 12:35pm
 Re: I meant to say...these are amazing young men and we are -  Mike Goodey on 2/6/23 6:59pm
 Congratulations! - Bear900/CA on 2/7/23 10:51am

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.