Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Notary WorkJust Politics
Discussion involving leisure activities: books, travel, hobbies, sports, Internet fun and more. Please read Msg #1 before posting.

For those into Gardening
Posted by Bear900/CA of CA on 3/30/21 9:48am Msg #32904
Prompted by Cheryl's post below. I have a bunch of plants to put in the ground too, and was thinking this was a perfect week as it's getting close to 80. Then saw this morning that low 60's are on their way for a couple more weeks so holding off. Will repot into larger pots and keep them in the hothouse for now. Getting the drip system updated and ready though.

Interestingly, I have a tomato plant in a pot that survived the winter. I pruned it back last month and now it's blossoming, so early tomatoes! Also have a dozen growing from seed and doing well. Have about a half-dozen pepper plants that survived so pruned them back. Leaves are sprouting.

Still have winter lettuce, beets, carrots, broccoli, brussel sprouts and of course, kale producing. Have zinnias, marigolds and dahlias coming back from seed and bulbs I planted earlier. Vines and fruit trees are budding.

Need to mix the compost with amendments and feed the beds. Have a lot of work going on and a lot to do around the house. Starting off to be a busy Spring!

Both of us are fully vaccinated and dying to take a road trip, camp, go fishing, hiking, anything! Short of time all of a sudden.

I was able to post pictures of my 'garden evolution' on a travel thread and wowed a lot of people. It's a closed forum but if you want to see them, pm me your email address and I will be happy to forward when I have time. You won't get spam from me and I trust folks here to be the same.

Happy spring gardening, even if it's just a few pots or containers!
PrevNextReturn to Leisure

Messages in this Thread
 For those into Gardening - Bear900/CA on 3/30/21 9:48am
 Re: For those into Gardening -  Cheryl Elliott on 3/31/21 7:50am

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.