Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Notary WorkJust Politics
Discussion involving leisure activities: books, travel, hobbies, sports, Internet fun and more. Please read Msg #1 before posting.

Another Friday night story - Life in New Orleans
Posted by  Vince/KS of KS on 8/24/07 8:31pm Msg #59
Life in New Orleans

Jack was sitting on the plane when a guy took the seat beside him. The guy was an emotional wreck, pale, hands shaking, and moaning in fear.

"What's the matter?" Jack asked.

"I've been transferred to New Orleans! There's so many crazy people there. They've got lots of shootings, gangs, race riots, drugs, poor public schools, and the highest crime rate!"

Jack replied; "I've lived in New Orleans all my life. It's not as bad as the media says. Find a nice home, go to work, mind your own business, enroll your kids in a nice private school. It's as safe a place as anywhere in the world."

The guy relaxed and stopped shaking and said; "Oh, thank you. I've been worried to death. But if you live there and say it's OK, I'll take your word for it. What do you do for a living?"

"Me?" said Jack. "I'm a tail gunner on a Budweiser truck."
PrevNextReturn to Leisure

Messages in this Thread
 Another Friday night story - Life in New Orleans -  Vince/KS on 8/24/07 8:31pm
 Re: Another Friday night story - Life in New Orleans - short -  Vince/KS on 8/24/07 10:51pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.