Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Fortunately, not in all counties in California
Posted by  Yoli/CA of CA on 4/11/24 7:19am Msg #648210
California has 58 counties. Per that link, Amrock's RON is available in half of those counties.

"AMROCK'S CROSS-BORDER REMOTE ONLINE NOTARIZATION IS AVAILABLE IN 29 CALIFORNIA COUNTIES
eClosing is available in the following counties:

Alameda
Butte
Calaveras
El Dorado
Fresno
Los Angeles
Madera
Marin
Merced
Mono
Monterey
Napa
Nevada
Plumas
San Bernardino
San Diego
San Francisco
San Joaquin
San Luis Obispo
Santa Clara
Santa Cruz
Shasta
Solano
Sonoma
Tehama
Tulare
Tuolumne
Ventura
Yuba"

From CA SOS website:

"Posted October 24, 2023 - SB 696 (Portantino) Notaries Public - Remote Online Notarization (RON)
Senate Bill (SB) 696 implements the Online Notarization Act which authorizes California notaries to perform notarial transactions through the use of audio-visual communication, and online notarization platforms to provide platform services, and was signed into law by Governor Gavin Newsom on September 30.

The new law is set to commence on January 1, 2030. However, it will not take effect until the Secretary of State certifies that it has completed the technology project necessary to implement the new provisions."

http://www.sos.ca.gov/notary/customer-alerts

Not sure with this ... I was under the impression that not only was RON not authorized for California notaries but also was not an accepted form of notarization for any docs coming into or being used in California. I thought I'd read that somewhere prior to the implementation of SB696. Perhaps my (mis)understanding went away when SB696 was implemented??

Anyway, as things currently stand, California notaries cannot/may not perform RON until, at the earliest, January 1, 2030.

PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 California RON? - CH2inCA on 4/10/24 5:26pm
 What's to say? RON notaries can be anywhere. n/m - Lee/AR on 4/10/24 5:38pm
 Fortunately, not in all counties in California -  Yoli/CA on 4/11/24 7:19am
 It's just a matter of time - CH2inCA on 4/11/24 7:35pm
 Re: California RON? -  JanetK_CA on 4/11/24 3:17pm
 Re: California RON? - Linda_H/FL on 4/11/24 3:41pm
 Re: California RON? Recording electronic deed? - VT_Syrup on 4/12/24 8:17am
 Re: California RON? Recording electronic deed? -  JanetK_CA on 4/13/24 12:28am
 Shame how this has turned out. Sad. Disgusting. n/m - Lee/AR on 4/11/24 3:58pm
 Re: Shame how this has turned out. Sad. Disgusting. - CH2inCA on 4/11/24 7:31pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.