Notary Rotary
Doc Signers, Inc
Notary Discussion History

Doc Signers, Inc
Go Back to April, 2010 Index

Posted by Paula Yakey on 4/15/10 12:18am
Msg #331817

Doc Signers, Inc

I just wanted to give a glowing report on a signing company I had a signing for today. I tried to comment in Signing Central but it said they were already in there. I could not find them though...so I am leaving my comments here.

This is a most unusual company...pays you by Paypal same day as you complete the signing. There is no hand holding and very pleasant to work with.

In this day of waiting 45-60 days for payment it is so refreshing to have a company out there who pays immediately!!

If you get the chance to work for them it is well worth your time.

Reply by MistarellaFL on 4/15/10 6:44am
Msg #331822

How are you working as a signing agent in GA

Without being an attorney?

Reply by Paula Yakey on 4/15/10 9:21am
Msg #331828

Re: How are you working as a signing agent in GA

By doing out of state properties!!!!!! I do not do GA properties...I know my notary laws!!!!

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 4/15/10 5:50pm
Msg #331910

You may wish to review this article by a GA attorney..

In Part:

"James R. Kobleur,
Attorney at Law
Savannah, Georgia

I am asked, often, (1) Whether Georgia is a "Lawyer Only" State and, if so, (2) whether a lawyer is needed when the borrowers are located in Georgia but the property is in another State. Questions also arise regarding (3) whether a lawyer must conduct the closing in a situation where Georgia real estate is given as security when a loan is closed outside the State.

"Question (2), "Is a lawyer required for a closing when the borrowers are located in Georgia but the real property given as security for the loan is located in a state other than Georgia? It appears that the Supreme Court decision referenced above, although not specifically addressing the question presented, did not limit its Opinion to real property located in Georgia and would clearly require that a lawyer conduct the closing in this situation. The practice of law, as it relates to conveyancing, is an activity unrelated to the location of the property involved. As the Georgia Supreme Court has ruled that the actions of overseeing the closing, reviewing and explaining documents and obtaining signatures constitutes the practice of law in Georgia, the location of the real property is immaterial. It is the actions, in the State of Georgia, of the individual conducting the closing which are subject to Georgia Law, not the property itself. If those actions are conducted in Georgia then it is highly likely that the Court's Opinion applies and a lawyer is required. My only caveat to this position would be a loan closing conducted in Georgia but involving real property located in those states which use Mortgages (or other instruments which merely create a lien against property) as opposed to Security Deeds or Deeds to Secure Debt. Security Deeds and Deeds to Secure Debt, as used in Georgia, actually convey legal title to the property used as security for the loan to the Grantee, the lender, while leaving the Grantor, the borrower, with equitable title. Mortgages, on the other hand create a lien against property used as security for the loan but leave legal title in the landowner, the borrower. Since the rationale of the Supreme Court opinion rests, at least in part, on the fact that only lawyers may prepare and supervise the creation and execution of a "deed of conveyance", the Court might hold that a closing conducted in Georgia but involving a loan secured by a mortgage on real property in another state does not constitute "conveyancing", because of the lack of a "Deed of Conveyance", and thus conducting such a closing might not constitute the practice of law. However, even in this situation, it is more likely that the Court would hold that a mortgage conveys a lien from Mortgagor to Mortgagee and is thus a conveyancing transaction, regardless of the absence of a "Deed of Conveyance"."

Reply by Inez Nowell on 4/15/10 10:03am
Msg #331832

You forgot to also say they charge $35.00 to sign up with them....

Reply by Teresa/FL on 4/15/10 10:18am
Msg #331836

I have done a few assignments for them and did not pay a sign up fee.

Of course, I did not initiate the contact, they called me.

I agree with the OP. They are easy to work with and offer to pay via PayPal or send a check, whichever you prefer.

Reply by Inez Nowell on 4/15/10 11:26am
Msg #331850

I went to the Website, you have to pay $35.00 to sign up via website. I guess if they call you that would be great, would not have to pay the fee....

Reply by John Schenk on 4/15/10 6:43pm
Msg #331922

Love'em too, and they also contacted me and I paid no fee.

JJ

Reply by Jessica Ward on 4/15/10 2:36pm
Msg #331877

I've never paid a fee and I do lots of work for them. Totally love that company! Smile

Reply by Inez Nowell on 4/15/10 3:21pm
Msg #331885

Maybe u could tell me how to sign up with them. The website will not let u get past the $35.00 fee, maybe I could just call them.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.