Notary Rotary
Just turned down a closing...
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to April, 2010 Index

Posted by LindaD/NJ on 4/26/10 2:28pm
Msg #333558

From a well known company that will be closing their doors the end of June. I realised I had not heard from them in two years. I just did not want to take a chance and not get paid since they are closing in two months. I did ask for paypal but they did not think that accounting would do it. Very sorry to see them go.

Reply by Rennie White on 4/26/10 2:31pm
Msg #333560

What company ?

Reply by Larry/IL on 4/26/10 2:32pm
Msg #333561

Might you care to share with the rest of the community which company? This way no one else will get stuck with a potential none payment issue.

Reply by jba/fl on 4/26/10 2:42pm
Msg #333564

Their letter to signing agents was posted couple of days ago - if that is the one.

Reply by C. Rivera Chicago Notary Services on 4/26/10 3:01pm
Msg #333568

there are so many SS going under, please post which company. n/m

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 4/26/10 3:06pm
Msg #333571

Msg #331962 n/m

Reply by LindaD/NJ on 4/26/10 3:24pm
Msg #333576

Linda in FLA has it. Sorry guys, I thought it would be an easy find or to figure out! It was very recent. Again I'm sorry for not posting the name.

Reply by Moneyman/TX on 4/27/10 3:34am
Msg #333676

I haven't worked for them, but I do give them credit

for at least letting their vendors know where they stand and keeping them in the loop. With so many that seem to be working harder to not pay vendors in their (unadvertised) last days, this company seems to be attempting to go out with respect for both itself and its vendors (NSAs).

JMO, IF I had worked for them AND their pay history with me had been good in the past, considering their honesty and show of respect, I think I would accept new assignments from them (up to their cutoff time). Why not pick up a few more closings from a good company? Again, my decision would have to be based upon my past relationship with the company. Of course, every business must evaluate the amount of risks it's willing to accept. This is not meant to be a knock on anyone that would decide to decline closings from them.

I can imagine that they are having a hard time filling orders because of their decision to be keep their vendors in the loop and, IMO, showing NSAs some of the respect that we have been asking SS companies to show. ~ Just a late night thought. Smile

Disclaimer: I have not ever worked for them and again, all of what I stated is based upon the assumption that, overall, this company is good to work for and pays on time and a professional fee.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.