Notary Rotary
Marriage Certificate Corrections
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to April, 2010 Index

Posted by Michelle/AL on 4/23/10 3:30pm
Msg #333093

Just wondering how often this sort of thing happens. Attended a friend's wedding last month. This week she told me the minister used the wrong date on the marriage license/form/certificate that he completed for the court house. In order to fix the error there are three jurats that need to be completed, signed and notarized. Due to everyone's work schedule it took two days to get it all done correctly. If she wasn't my friend, it could've been a costly mistake.

How many of you (especially those of you conducting weddings) have been presented with forms that signed to correct a wedding date? I know we're all human and mistakes happen but if it were me, I think I would've asked the minister to foot the bill to fix the mistake.

Reply by Cari on 4/23/10 3:55pm
Msg #333105

I'm a wedding officiant and I always ask to see the couples

ID's before I sign the marriage license to avoid making mistakes in writing their names, and to make sure I'm marryin' the right folks...Wink

As a notary, I've to come across anything like this...

3 jurats...holy cow!

Reply by Michelle/AL on 4/23/10 4:14pm
Msg #333116

Cari, have YOU ever entered the wrong info

on the wedding paperwork that required a license to be re-issued?

Reply by Cari on 4/23/10 4:57pm
Msg #333123

not to my knowledge...nope.... n/m

Reply by Maureen_nh on 4/23/10 10:23pm
Msg #333181

January wedding and I put in the wrong year.
The city clerk called me and I went down and corrected it. Thankfully it was a locally issued license. Mea culpa

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.