Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

PrevNextFirstLastNew MsgSearchThreaded ViewTopics ViewLinear View  Notary Talk Live
Msg #598361

5 replies
America's Best Closers
By Luckydog on 9/11/18 1:42pm

Solid 4 stars up until the last ratings of 1 stars...anyone work for them lately to update? Did a good company tank? It looks like they have an exceptional ratings until this past year or so. G/B/U?

Msg #598350

10 replies
we should petition that old services are purgue
By  GQ/Orlando on 9/11/18 12:07pm

We should petition NR to periodically purge services reviews, lets say anything older than 18 months be purged or not counted towards the current service score.

alternative may be a logarithmic moving average could be used

Msg #598346

4 replies
Mobilenotary.com g/b/u?
By shooterclay on 9/11/18 10:51am

I can’t find them in SC or in the forum. No location given thru SD either, just says advanced mobile notary dab mobilenotary.com and pays thru bill.com?

Msg #598345

2 replies
Job openings hit record high, and more people than ever are
By grapebed on 9/11/18 10:36am

working.

Dateline CNBC-September 11, 2018

"Job openings hit a fresh record in July, closing in on 7 million amid a jump in vacancies for finance and manufacturing, the Labor Department reported Tuesday.

Vacancies outnumbered those classified as unemployed by 659,000 for the month, an unprecedented trend that began earlier this year. Openings rose by 117,000 from June, to 6.94 million, and are up 737,000 over the past year, a nearly 12 percent increase, the department said on Tuesday, September 11th."

Professions registering the biggest gains in job openings were finance and insurance at 46,000 and nondurable goods manufacturing, with 32,000. Openings decreased in retail (-85,000), educational services (-34,000) and federal government (-19,000)."

Remarkable numbers. The best in a century. I wonder if the Bureau of Labor Statistics follows the job openings for notaries. A record number of people are gainfuly and happily employed, which should translate into people buying, refi-ing and borrowing against their homes.

Msg #598334

6 replies
Never forget!
By  Cheryl Elliott on 9/11/18 7:24am

Have a great day everyone! I will always remember the impact these events had on the human race globally. It changed our business and how we conduct it forever.

On this day... 17 years ago 246 people went to sleep in preparation for their morning flights. 2,606 people went to sleep in preparation for work in the morning tomorrow. 343 firefighters went to sleep in preparation for their morning shift. 60 police officers went to sleep in preparation for morning patrol. 8 paramedics went to sleep in preparation for the morning shift of saving lives. None of them saw past 10:00am Sept 11, 2001. In one single moment life may never be the same. As you live and enjoy the breaths you take today and tonight before you go to sleep in preparation for your life tomorrow, kiss the ones you love, snuggle a little tighter, and never take one second of your life for granted.

Never forget.

Msg #598329

4 replies
Anyone have info on ClientFirst Title in PA?
By  ikando on 9/10/18 9:09pm

Got a text asking if I was available for a signing ASAP tonight. Never heard of the company.

Msg #598317

16 replies
The loan officer is showing up st my next closing.
By grapebed on 9/10/18 5:14pm

I closed with this same officer 4 months ago. He disrupted the entire closing with social “cocktail” chat with the borrower. Every time the borrower signed a document, the LO interrupted the process by asking the borrower a stupid question like “ how do u like your new windows and doors?” Ridiculous. It ruined the flow of the entire closing and increased the chance of an error. I did not know what to politely say to get this idiot to stop.

Now I am going to close again with this same chatty Kathy and I don’t know how to diplomatically tell him to shut up.

Any thoughts, ideas or one liners to shut this clown up? TIA

Msg #598312

1 replies
I dont think my phone is working
By  GQ/Orlando on 9/10/18 4:07pm

Its DEAD here

How's your neck of the woods

Msg #598310

2 replies
Precision Notary Service-Arlington Texas (Kerri Ruth)
By  CPM_Notary on 9/10/18 3:22pm

Performed error free signing 5/1/2018. Escrow issued a check to them 5/31/18. Endorsed & cashed by Kerri Ruth. I never got paid, it's now 4 months & 2 weeks. Kerri texted me and said to contact "Morgan" the owner (817) 266-6097. Mailbox full and phone hangs up. Another signing company that uses CSA's in a Ponzi Program. DO NOT ACCEPT ANY SIGNINGS!!

Msg #598302

7 replies
I -9 verification
By  Raj Sahu on 9/10/18 1:51pm

Howdy friends. I'm getting a lot of requests in CA to do I-9 verifications. Not sure if state authorities let me do so-- even though there is no notarization involved. the million dollar question is can CA notaries DO it? Will appreciate inputs. Many thanks in advance Smile

Msg #598292

15 replies
Mobile notary oath and affirmation practice
By Peter Bugbee on 9/10/18 11:18am

Curious if anyone practices this way. I'm a mobile notary (3+ years) and needed the services of another mobile notary to notarize papers for my wife and I. For forms requiring signer to take oath
or state affirmation, she required each of us to raise our right hand, swear (not affirm) respective statement. I questioned the need to "raise right hand and swear, not just make statement of affirmation." she said, "that's what's required and you must do each the way I request or I won't proceed."

I know here in Colorado, raising right hand and swearing is not required, per Colorado Notary Handbook. I never require someone to raise right hand and swear. Statement of affirmation, yes.

Anyone else ask for this level of "compliance" regarding written instruments requiring oath or affirmation?

Thanks !

Msg #598287

0 replies
Anyone have experience with Entitle in MN? G/B/U? thanks n/m
By Kathy/NJ on 9/10/18 9:08am

Msg #598286

4 replies
Signing Companies
By SD Legal and Real Estate on 9/10/18 9:05am

I'm looking for signing companies that are looking for new notaries. I used to get alot of business from Title Source, but no longer. Advice would be greatly appreciated.

Msg #598273

11 replies
HYBIRD CLOSINGS
By  walthtz on 9/9/18 12:15pm

I have been contacted from a couple of companies to do these type of closings.
I would be using my phone as a Hotspot for the connection at the closing.
Quest? What happens if there is no data signal available at the time?
How does one proceed at that point?

In NJ there are some dead areas.
Thanks
Walter

Msg #598272

0 replies
Oklahoma
By Chris Price on 9/9/18 10:55am

Anyone here from oklahoma? Hows business?

Msg #598269

2 replies
looking for TN information
By  Linda_in_IN on 9/9/18 9:44am

Husband's job has him being transferred to TN; I have already gone online and located basic information on Notaries in Tennessee. But the information seems to be somewhat dis-jointed--go here for this, go there for that, this has that date, that has this date--I want to be sure that I'm getting the most recent, accurate information. Example: Michigan has a Public Act in the legislation that contains all the information; Indiana also has a Public Act or legislation that also contains all the information. Is there any ONE location where this information is located related to the state of Tennessee?

Msg #598248

3 replies
American Home LLC
By Rosi/CA on 9/8/18 9:48am

Has anybody worked for this company? Heard of them?

Msg #598220

4 replies
VT SOS revises website because of new law
By  VT_Syrup on 9/7/18 3:19pm

The VT legislature recently passed their version of the Revised Uniform Law on Notarial Acts. It goes into effect in phases.

The first phase starts December 1st: applications for new and renewed licenses [sic] will be handled by the Office of Professional Regulation, which is part of the Secretary of State's office. The new website is at:

https://www.sec.state.vt.us/professional-regulation/list-of-professions/notaries-public.aspx

Most of the sections have no substantive information; it's mostly placeholders for forms, rules, and online procedures that haven't been created yet.

I find it disturbing that so far, they are referring to notaries as "professionals" rather than "officers" and indicating that we will be "licensed" rather than "commissioned". The new law states that notaries are commissioned, and makes no mention of them being licensed. The new law does not refer to notaries as being professionals (although it does put management of notary commissions under the Office of Professional Regulation).

Another concern is that this page on the new website:

https://www.sec.state.vt.us/professional-regulation/list-of-professions/notaries-public/statutes-rules.aspx

It includes a link to "Statutes Governing all Professions", which leads to

http://legislature.vermont.gov/statutes/chapter/03/005

That has a section (§ 129a) about conduct that is considered unprofessional in any profession. I don't see anything in there that conflicts with what we would expect from a notary right now, but I am concerned that the kind of work notaries do is much different than other professions. Other professions write documents, often have seals that they apply to the docs, and are responsible for the correctness of the docs. Notaries are only responsible for the correctness of their certificates, not the docs they're attached to. Other professionals give advice, notaries mostly don't.

It isn't even clear if § 129a applies to notaries. If it does, we'll have to be vigilant to make sure the legislature doesn't change it in a way that makes perfect sense for osteopathic physicians, land surveyors, and barbers, but not for notaries.

Msg #598218

21 replies
The problem with the industry
By  GQ/Orlando on 9/7/18 3:09pm

Hi George,

I understand your position, however, as an independent contractor you are choosing to work for Xxxxxx

We do not set fees for our agents. The average price that we are giving you is the average fee that other agents charge in your area. This is the fee we suggest if you are looking to receive adequate volume from us. You are under no obligation to complete work for us for the average fee I provided you, however if it is volume you are looking for, that is the target.

Msg #598215

9 replies
Got a call to do a Provident Funding Refi. The Signing
By grapebed on 9/7/18 2:41pm

Service was Title Star? in Colorado. I have never done business with them. ( and I am only do signings for rock solid 4 and 5 star companies) And I will never to a signing for Provident. The Signing Service called me because somewhere I have listed that I carry $500,000 of Errors & Omissions Insurance. My first year in the biz, a local title company required that I carry $500,000. I dropped it after my first year.

Before I could quickly turn down the assignment, she glowing said "here's the good news. This is an eclosing. The package is 180 pages but you only have to print out 50-60 pages. Some pages are e-signed and some pages are wet signed. It is really great. Pays $85." Oh and the signing location was about 27 miles from me.

Even if I did carry $500,000 of E & O, there was no "good news" in this signing opportunity. It had all the hassles of a Provident package, the clumsiness of 100 pages to be e-signed and an $85 payday.

Talk to you later Toots.

PrevNextFirstLastNew MsgSearchThreaded ViewTopics ViewLinear View  Notary Talk Live

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.