Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

PrevNextFirstLastNew MsgSearchThreaded ViewTopics ViewLinear View  Notary Talk Live
Msg #647888

3 replies
JP Morgan Chase closing 18 branches in CA
By  Cheryl Elliott on 3/1/24 10:01am

Including 1 in Santa Barbara is shutting down. There are still 5 other branches. I had a tone of signings at this branch in the golden years.

Msg #647886

6 replies
TitleSmart Inc... Has anyone ever worked with them?
By FeliseSoCal on 3/1/24 9:21am

Just got a request from them this morning.

7373 Kirkwood Court N, Suite 120, Maple Grove, MN 55369 |

Phone: 763-999-4185 | Fax: 763-999-4188 |

Msg #647882

1 replies
NAY to Debt Resolution Settlement Company Signings
By  Cheryl Elliott on 2/29/24 5:03pm

One city in the US is suing the companies over it for taking advantage of their clients. It's about time, I'd say.

https://www.chicago.gov/city/en/depts/mayor/press_room/press_releases/2022/july/CitySuesDebtResolutionFirms.html

Msg #647877

4 replies
BofA here to start offering notary services?
By JanetK_CA on 2/29/24 2:53pm

Took my commission renewal exam last Saturday and met a woman with BofA wealth acquisition dept getting her commission for the first time. She said they'd requested she do so because they're planning to start offering notary services. Don't know if it will go beyond that clientele, but it's likely to have at least some level of impact on business here.

Msg #647868

12 replies
Everybody's friend, make six figure incomes..makes me ill.
By  Cheryl Elliott on 2/29/24 10:56am

In the last two weeks, I've received three emails from the snake salesman in San Diego who wants me to invest in his $$$ course to learn how to unleash my income potential to six figures. GO FIGURE! Pretty sure his revenue stream has dried up too.

How does one hawk wares that are empty, dried up, non existent potential in an economy where people are reduced to at poverty or below poverty level. Recently I had a signing for the client wanted to know how she could do what I do. I wouldn't recommend it, I said. Even with all the planets lined up, you've got six months of income to live on while you learn it, the biz is at a trickle for those of us who have been doing this for decades. There outta be a law!

As if this industry isn't all but done, we've got fast food restaurants that want to charge more for meals at PEAK HOURS. Wendy's management has invested millions in a new menu that automatically turns on higher priced food items on their menus. All to make stockholders richer. Anyone else getting sick and tired of this. I don't even eat at these fast food places, but this greedy new busine$$ $trategy will start impacting other businesses.

Msg #647863

0 replies
eNotaryLog status, eJournal download
By VT_Syrup on 2/28/24 5:28pm

I have seen several websites today making claims about the future of eNotaryLog. Since none of these sites are rock-solid sources like The New York Times or the Wall Street Journal, I won't repeat the claims. One of the sources I watched was a video,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ypGA38BprfU

In the video the presenter demonstrated her eJournal from the eNotaryLog website. I noticed the file extension of the downloaded file was .csv which stands for comma separated values. (I've never watched videos from this presenter before and can't vouch for her.)

I've never used eNotaryLog,but if I were to make a .csv file of my current paper journal it would look something like this:

24 July 2023 21:30Z, Other Jurat BCA Oath, Bilbo Baggins, personally known
24 July 2023 21:30Z, Other Jurat BCA Oath, Hermione Granger, personally known
22 February 2024 23:00Z, Jurat DS-3053, Leroy Gibbs, Other ID #1 DOD ID

csv files can be easily loaded into Excel to make then easier to manipulate, and then exported back to the .csv format so no one would ever know you touched them. They have no security at all.

I wonder if all eJournal downloads from RON, IPEN, and electronic journal companies are this easy to manipulate.

The take away is that some day you might have to depend on your downloaded eJournal. If the download isn't in a tamper-proof format and for any reason you lose access to the online version, your journal is about as credible as a loose-leaf binder written in pencil.

Msg #647853

22 replies
Some things never change
By  KimmyMD on 2/28/24 6:47am

After being in business for over 18 years, I don’t know why I’m surprised by these text messages that I get. We’ve all said this before how the fees continue to be driven down by others in the business. We all hear the term keeping up with inflation. Gas is risin. groceries are rising, taxes, insurance, etc. But what I don’t understand about the business is that people keep driving down the price of the work that we do. II believe I know it’s because there’s always somebody out there that will take that lowball offer. Shameful in my opinion. I know it’s a very slow time in our business and I’ve reinvented myself to do other things to generate income. I haven’t posted on this site for quite some time and hope everyone is doing well and I wish you all the best.

Here’s my example

Hi Kimberly,

Can you close a refi today 2/27 at 4:30pm. Closing at 3578 2nd ave edgewater MD 21037. Pays 100 and we will need scanbacks.

Thanks, Complete Closers

Msg #647852

1 replies
Some things never change n/m
By  KimmyMD on 2/28/24 6:42am

Msg #647847

4 replies
Did Jeremy forget to renew his SSL certificate?
By  Expeditor on 2/26/24 6:01pm

All indications point to that issue because his site is currently unsecure.

Msg #647840

4 replies
Laserjet Toner Cartridges
By  Cheryl Elliott on 2/24/24 11:04am

I haven't bought a stockpile since before COVID and now I'm down to my last cartridge so I need to order.

Where is your go to printer resource these days for the best quality, not the best price.

Thank you in advance. Have a great day, everyone.

Msg #647829

12 replies
Astounding figures about notary performance
By  Cheryl Elliott on 2/23/24 1:12pm

I just received an email re. the performance of notaries in Q4 of 2023. 2/3 of signings had signing errors. WOW.

Which only serves to confirm my motto, cheap ain't good, good ain't cheap.

Documents Signed Incorrectly - 67%: A significant portion of signing errors stemmed from documents being signed incorrectly. This highlights the importance of following instructions and ensuring you execute signings accurately.

Document Delivery Issues - 27%: Document delivery issues, including delays or failures in delivering signing packages, is a prevalent concern that can deem a signing unsuccessful. Be sure you are planning accordingly to deliver or drop off your signing packages the same day as the signing.

Behavioral Situations - 6%: Behavioral situations, such as conflicts or poor demeanor during signings, also contributed to error rates. It is imperative that all parties are professional throughout the entire signing process.

Msg #647821

0 replies
Notary* Assist
By  Yoli/CA on 2/22/24 5:10pm

Just received an email from XYZ offering Notary* Assist subscription. They're describing that program as a "virtual assistant."

NA is a product of LavaTurtle Software Inc. The only connection I found between NA and XYZ ... according to NA's website, XYZ is in NA's network. Do they have any other affiliation? Will XYZ be marketing for all their affiliates? Or, is there some kind of merger ... ? Wink

(The asterisk is not in their name but that's the only way NR system will allow my post.)

Msg #647813

6 replies
Texas A6 Title or Attorney Rental Space
By JillRicci/TX on 2/21/24 7:47pm

Hello All,

I am hoping some of my Texas notaries in the North Fort Worth/Southlake area can assist or give me some advice. I have been struggling locating an office that is will to rent space for cash out refinance. I found one but they charge $150.00 ( they did warn me up front ). I have called, emailed and even made an appearance at several offices but no luck.

Msg #647804

10 replies
Has any one here ever been depositioned re. GNW?
By  Cheryl Elliott on 2/21/24 11:30am

Usually a notary will be contacted by an attorney requesting a copy of notary journal entries documenting that notaries' activities.

How did it turn out for you?

Msg #647790

8 replies
The Best Notary
By Vicky Motte on 2/19/24 2:51pm

Has anyone worked for this company? I have yet to be paid for an I-9 assignment I did for them last March 2023.

Msg #647782

9 replies
Weather
By  Cheryl Elliott on 2/17/24 9:13pm

My sister's boyfriend who is a retired fire chief from Sisquoc County, Northern CA. Though you CA notaries might all find this interesting.

http://weatherwest.com/archives/36189

Msg #647773

0 replies
NJ NOTARY FEES
By  walthtz on 2/17/24 10:42am

QUESTION?:
Anyone know when the $2.50 charge for Notarization here in NJ started?
And what it was before $2.50?
Thanks
Walt

Msg #647771

5 replies
21st year NR Subscription Renewal
By  Cheryl Elliott on 2/17/24 9:20am

How many things have we done for 20+ years? Drivers license, other professional licensing, etc. I have to say I've had more return on this membership than most others I've subscribed to over the past 51 years as a CA notary public. The numbers site is still a go-to site for a lot of vendors, but things certainly have changed. Gotta roll with the flow.
There was a short burst of business this past week, HELOCs, loan mods, no purchases, but some sales, and lots of GNW.
Hope business picks up this year, as it hasn't been this slow since the home mortgage debacle in 2008.

Enjoy the incoming Pineapple Express storm slated to hit later today. It is supposed to be a doozy. We are expecting five inches through most of next week.

Msg #647764

3 replies
Serice Link
By kcg on 2/16/24 2:29pm

I am sending several past-due invoices to Service Link.
What I don't have is the department to whom I am emailing.
I appreciate your help.

Msg #647761

14 replies
Shipping Delays
By  Yoli/CA on 2/16/24 10:08am

I had 2 signings Tuesday, 2/13th (yay me!). Both shipped via Fedex -- one to Albuquerque, NM and the other to Pittsburgh, PA. I dropped them at a Fedex in the general vicinity (El Dorado Hills, CA) of the last signing ... and got my receipts. Upon tracking them on Thursday, I found they had both been delayed a day in Memphis, TN. Neither TC reached out to me. However, they may have seen the same full delivery history on Fedex website. Both of my signings were in the morning and, according to receipts, I dropped both packages at 10:37am on Tuesday.

Hopefully, all hiring parties keep in mind the delays beyond our control. But just in case, I strongly suggest we all get a receipt whenever possible.

PrevNextFirstLastNew MsgSearchThreaded ViewTopics ViewLinear View  Notary Talk Live

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.