Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Re: Reverse Mortgages Requires EQUITY in home ...
Posted by Nestle/CA of AK on 8/3/06 5:20pm Msg #136884
I am curious about these because I was contacted by a mortgage company who claimed the same thing, that these are the 'wave of the future'. They were looking to hire notaries in my area as 'loan assistants' due to their high demand and the fact that we are familiar with loan documents. However, the requirement for a loan assistant goes against what notary law states. They require that a loan assistant take docs to the borrower and inform them of the contents of the docs and have them sign it, but not in the capacity of a notary.

I am leery for two reasons: one would have to pay up to $700 for training and because of the conflict with the notary laws.

However, I have seen posts from realtors and loan consultants stating that they are also notaries, so I am puzzled as to how others are able to do juggle both fields without treading on notary laws.

Thanks in advance to all who respond and have a great afternoon!

PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 What's up with reverse mortgages? - Delta_CA on 7/11/06 8:16pm
 HEY! Define old n/m -  Stamper_WI on 7/11/06 8:20pm
 Re: HEY! Define old - Delta_CA on 7/11/06 8:25pm
 Re: HEY! Define old -  Sylvia_FL on 7/11/06 9:26pm
 Re: HEY! Define old -  BarbaraL_CA on 7/11/06 10:06pm
 Re: HEY! Define old -  Sylvia_FL on 7/11/06 11:06pm
 60 IS the new 40, don't you know. ;-) n/m -  Becca_FL on 7/11/06 11:12pm
 I think they are too, Delta -  TitleGalCA on 7/11/06 10:06pm
 Reverse Mortgages Requires EQUITY in home ... - BobbiCT on 7/12/06 6:57am
 Re: Reverse Mortgages Requires EQUITY in home ... -  BrendaTx on 7/12/06 8:28am
 Re: Reverse Mortgages Requires EQUITY in home ... - Nestle/CA on 8/3/06 5:20pm
 Re: Reverse Mortgages Requires EQUITY in home ... -  BrendaTx on 8/3/06 5:47pm
 Re: What's up with reverse mortgages? - Michele Cogburn on 7/12/06 6:13am

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.