Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Notary WorkJust Politics
Discussion involving leisure activities: books, travel, hobbies, sports, Internet fun and more. Please read Msg #1 before posting.

Thanks guys!
Posted by Bear900/CA of CA on 3/12/18 4:17pm Msg #30094
Yoli, the Doc suggested one knee at a time (for me) starting with my right knee. My left shoulder is also wack so I would be operating on mostly one shoulder and it's starting to creak! This way I'll have the stronger knee to assist and my opposite and good (bionic) shoulder to lift so I had to think that through. I don't worry too much but I do think things through quite a bit.

It may be just me, but I would rather the doc work on one knee at a time. I can imagine my left foot on my right leg or something like that. Wink

Amigoaz, haha, I listened to a couple of surgeons who said one of the biggest mistakes was stopping the pain killers. Also, whatever flexibility you have going in is what you will realize coming through PT. So I'm bending like a rubber band when stretching though it hurts like h...

I thought of something today...what happens when it gets real hot or cold outside when you have a metal knee? I called my mother who had a complete replacement and she confirmed that it sometimes causes a problem. She also said I'd be up in no time. Then told me to carry one of those instant ice-paks. LOL

Her TKR went south and she had to go to Stanford to have it re-done. While there she had a mild heart-attack that almost went unnoticed. So she went straight from knee surgery to having her heart rewired. She had a time of it but all is well with her. She's 87 years young, lives on her own, very independent and gets around a lot. Chip off the old block.

I know many have had this or worse done, so hats off to you all. Hopefully chronicling this for others who may be thinking about doing this may help them.

Off to plant 20 new plants I just picked up for the garden. Will think about aftereffects later...ha!

I'll TRY to get an app where I can post links to the garden past and future. I don't do FB or insta-gram. Any ideas?
PrevNextReturn to Leisure

Messages in this Thread
 Farmer Bear - Bear900/CA on 3/11/18 10:59pm
 Posting is acting up - Bear900/CA on 3/11/18 11:03pm
 hang in there! positive thoughts your way! :) n/m - notarydi/CA on 3/12/18 10:51am
 Thank you!! - Bear900/CA on 3/12/18 11:59am
 That operation is pretty routine these days. I know many -  MW/VA on 3/12/18 1:32pm
 You'll do great, Bear! - Yoli/CA on 3/12/18 12:30pm
 Re: You’ll do fine. -  Amigoaz on 3/12/18 2:18pm
 Thanks guys! - Bear900/CA on 3/12/18 4:17pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.