Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

I'm really not interested in what the director says
Posted by  Linda_H/FL of FL on 9/4/14 5:16pm Msg #514671
She's gonna say what's gonna cover her own...HIPAA regulations govern this, and I know when I went into the hospital I had to sign a form naming everyone they were authorized to speak with about me. If they weren't on that list they got NO information.

Ponder me this:

If your family member is in a home...how would YOU feel if you found out that SOMEONE called the nursing station on the phone, spoke with the nurse, asked a multitude of questions about your family member's mental status....and the nurse answered them ON THE PHONE - with no idea who they're really talking to.

I know if it was my family member and I found out that happened, I'd have the nurse's job, the nursing home's license and the notary's commission. That's a grevious overstep and a direct violation of privacy and confidentiality laws.

JMHO

PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 My own guiding principles in my notarial official capacity -  Cheryl Elliott on 9/3/14 2:25pm
 I like Monica/FL's platform when it comes to notarizing -  Cheryl Elliott on 9/3/14 2:52pm
 Re: I like Monica/FL -  Amigoaz on 9/3/14 5:07pm
 Yes, my procedures mirror those noted by -  Christine/OK on 9/4/14 3:22am
 I do not reach out to these people in advance...especially -  Linda_H/FL on 9/4/14 8:17am
 Re: I do not reach out to these people in advance...especially -  Cheryl Elliott on 9/4/14 8:25am
 As these are professionals, they know the ins and outs of -  Christine/OK on 9/4/14 5:00pm
 I'm really not interested in what the director says -  Linda_H/FL on 9/4/14 5:16pm
 Linda_H/FL - you may have misunderstook my post. :-/ -  Christine/OK on 9/4/14 7:19pm
 Most of it isn't opinion Christine - it's fact -  Linda_H/FL on 9/4/14 9:11pm
 No offense taken. You did choose to attack me personally, -  Christine/OK on 9/4/14 11:41pm
 I am sincerely saddened that you took a statement -  Linda_H/FL on 9/5/14 7:54am
 The manner in which you behave speaks so loudly that I'm -  Christine/OK on 9/5/14 8:19am
 Not obvious to me. - jba/fl on 9/5/14 7:57am

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.