Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Vantage Point Title AKA Meridian National: Antics What would
Posted by  Christine/OK of OK on 9/22/14 7:33pm Msg #515789
you do?

For all intents and purposes, it appears that Vantage Point has merged with Meridian.

http://meridiannatl.com/about-us/faqs/ (see VP referenced on their website in multiple locations)

Is MNT a ‘new & improved’ Meridian Loan Signing with a one-star rating? I don’t know, but I now am wondering about Vantage Point all together! Only one signing this year so far in March until the call on 12SEP14.

Worked with them directly for several years (Nicole Nega, scheduling manager), but Nicole is now in vendor management. There is a new scheduling manager after takeover of MNT – Andrea deHaas.

WARNING: Watch your back with Andrea. Here is my experience:

Signing scheduled for Tuesday, 16SEP14, at 5 PM. Chock full schedule. Reached out at 10 AM to check on document status as no documents were available as of yet. I explained the full schedule and that to ensure on-time arrival to the 5 PM signing (45-min drive one way not including commute traffic as I would be in Bixby at the previous signing to travel to their signing).

Andrea’s response? “Well, I’ll assign this to another notary.”

I said, “Oh. Well, I guess you’ll do what you need to do. Have a nice day, Andrea”

About 10 minutes pass and she calls me back basically begging me to take this signing back as it’s remote and there is no one else available. I did let her know that I was still available for that date and time. She was profusely grateful and sent the confirmation.

About 30 minutes pass and the BO calls me and is completely upset because the lender just called him and said that they’re scheduling someone else to do the signing. HUH?

The LO told the BO that Andrea said I was rude to her and unappreciative of the work and that Andrea had some additional disparaging remarks that she made to the LO. The LO told the BO all that Andrea deHaas said, but the BO, out of respect for me, would not repeat.

The BO said that I was completely professional and had been courteous and considerate each and every time that we spoke together. He said that there was something that was just not right about the manner in which this was being handled and that it was obvious to him that someone was jealous or trying to get even for something.

As far as I knew, there should be nothing of the sort going on.

The BO reached out to me several additional times because he said that there was something very unseemly going on with respect to the manner in which this was being handled. He said that he was going to get to the bottom of it and he wanted Nicole at VP to call him and he wanted to discuss the situation with her directly.

I did clearly explain to him that I could not perform the signing for him, even if he directly asked me to because there was no longer an order for me to perform the work. He said that it did not matter and that he was going to call Nicole Nega at VP to find out what is going on.

NOTE: That evening at 5:35 PM he called me to tell me that the notary they had scheduled was still not there for the 5 PM signing. Not much I could do or say at that point unfortunately.

I have little to no confidence in the Vantage Point management because this was reported to Nicole Nega at the time that it occurred. She stated that she could investigate it and get back to me by 5 PM on 16SEP14 or the next morning, 17SEP14, by 10 AM.

No call from Nicole on the 16th or the 17th or the 18th (you get the trend) . . . Several emails have been sent, but no replies at all.

BOTTOM LINE:

Not sure how appreciative you are when someone employs these types of antics for a remote location signing, but cancelling a signing because someone queries about the document status and then calls back to reschedule because they couldn’t find someone for a last-minute signing at an extremely remote location, generally leaves me with the sense of being uncertain that they may call back again and cancel, which Andrea did via email.

QUESTIONS:
1. Is this another new trend that if you call to check on documents, the signing will be reassigned? A completely unprofessional manner of running a business.

2. Would this kind of treatment cause you to hesitate to ask for a document status?
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Vantage Point Title AKA Meridian National: Antics What would -  Christine/OK on 9/22/14 7:33pm
 Re: Vantage Point Title AKA Meridian National: Antics What would - CopperheadVA on 9/22/14 8:08pm
 For a veriety of reasons, I had already told Nicole Nega, -  Christine/OK on 9/22/14 8:18pm
 Re: Vantage Point Title AKA Meridian National: Antics What would -  Cheryl Elliott on 9/22/14 10:31pm
 TYVM, Cheryl. ;-) Rated 'em yesterday. n/m -  Christine/OK on 9/23/14 5:15am
 Re: Vantage Point Title AKA Meridian National: Antics What would - CinOH on 9/23/14 6:37am
 Re: Vantage Point Title AKA Meridian National: Antics What would -  Notarysigner on 9/23/14 9:51am
 Thanks, James! Unfortunately, this was a title co. :-( n/m -  Christine/OK on 9/23/14 10:01am
 By TC I mean someone in authority like the -  Notarysigner on 9/23/14 10:26am
 TY, James! :D n/m -  Christine/OK on 9/23/14 2:12pm
 Re: By TC I mean someone in authority like the -  JanetK_CA on 9/23/14 2:21pm
 I have reached out to Tim Slevcove, Senior Vice-President at -  Christine/OK on 9/23/14 3:31pm
 I should have said, "from my experience". I also -  Notarysigner on 9/23/14 4:14pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.