Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Ok...TC sends me a closing w/o my knowledge...BIG TIME SCREW
Posted by HrdwrkrVA of VA on 2/26/15 12:54pm Msg #525441
UP!

Posted earlier:
They want to "get approval" - to give me the fee they've ALWAYS paid for deed recording!
Only this time (3rd or 4th actually) they don't call back - they JUST SEND IT?!?!?!

Due to snow (not my fault) & the TC not putting my correct address (again - NOT my fault), the pkg FINALLY gets delivered Monday (sometime after 1pm - ONE WEEK LATE); when I get home that evening, I resolve to record it the next day - Tuesday - but...the court is CLOSED (again- NOT my fault). They're implementing a new system...yada, yada, yada.

They're open on Wednesday - at NOON (once again - NOT my fault)! I'm off doing back-to-back closings that afternoon, sooooo I resolve to do it Thursday - today.

Well guess what? We have ANOTHER snowstorm, & along w/ the other closings (schools, Fed'l gov't, etc), the court is closed AGAIN - until NOON!

What part is my fault so far - other than cxling my OTHER appts to accommodate a lowballer who has done this FOUR times - since November?????

So I get 4 - count 'em 4 phone calls this am in about 4o minutes about this recording.

First one - she hangs up on me abruptly, after I give her the run down above.

Second, she calls back, having called the court (jeesh - their # IS on the recording sheet for heaven's sake!!!!!!) to CONFIRM that I'm telling her the truth!!!

You can't make this stuff up.

The kicker:

1st - she tells me if I leave @11:30, I should be able to be there by noon. Hmmmm...wonder whose schedule she was looking at - hers?

2nd - She screams at me that I'd "better get that deed recorded today!"! I swear I'm not making this up!

Then I get another call from the same company, advise the caller of the previous conversations & she wants to know what time I can get it recorded. She then tells me she "doesn't hear 'it' in my voice"! 3 am phone calls in 20 minutes - heck yeah - I'm tired - HELLOOOO!

She ends with she just doesn't have faith in me to get this done today??? Keep in mind, that EVERY errror has been on the part of...THE TC!!!! She feels she"needs to get another notary". Remember, we're having a...snowstorm???

She gets another notary 25-30 miles out who promises to chare them at least 5 times what they originally offered me and at least 3 times what they normally pay me. Huh? I know - makes NO sense!

Oh, I'm calling them a TC, 'cause that's what they are; they pretend to be an SS - not just to offer low fees, but also to try to HAGGLE w/ you for LOWER fees (& then forget to call back - which is how they make their some of theirerrors)!

In November, 2014, they assigned a recording to another notary (haggling), but sent the pkg to me. I was 200 miles out of town.

Dec & Jan saw 2 more of the same errors due to - you guessed it - HAGGLING!

This month, I accepted a closing, after which, they 'hinted' there might be faxbacks. I turned it BACK - I was planning my 27 yr old niece's funeral & didn't need any hiccups from this thoroughly unprofessional/ unpredictable bunch. I sent tthem an email AND spoke to a live person. When they called to see if I'd rec'd docs I reiterated that I'd turned it back, she countered w/:"you only need to faxback if there's no Saturday pick-up".

Helloooo - I've ALREADY turned it back - period!

The people they have are not only incompetent, but RUDE! When they make all these errors & you're doing your PROFESSIONAL best to accommodate AND correct THEIR errors, if your schedule isn't to their liking - you get the "abrupt hang-up". ?!?!?!?!

Now, I'm only one Notary & 4 HUGH errors in 4 months? Wonder how many nationwide?

Now I'm sure this will become a TTNUTB opportunity & lender & BO will be told: "we had to get another notary because...". Any takers?

Oh - their pkgs are btwn 150-200+ pgs.

Whew!
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Ok...TC sends me a closing w/o my knowledge...BIG TIME SCREW - HrdwrkrVA on 2/26/15 12:54pm
 On the upside - Land Records Recording Work - BobbiCT on 2/26/15 2:14pm
 Re: Ok...TC sends me a closing w/o my knowledge...BIG TIME SCREW - ToniK on 2/26/15 4:14pm
 Re: Ok...TC sends me a closing w/o my knowledge...BIG TIME SCREW - HrdwrkrVA on 2/26/15 6:00pm
 Re: Ok...TC sends me a closing w/o my knowledge...BIG TIME SCREW - Katmet on 2/27/15 2:47pm
 What does TTNUTB stand for? n/m -  Yoli/CA on 2/26/15 4:14pm
 Throw The Notary Under The Bus :) n/m -  Linda_H/FL on 2/26/15 4:22pm
 Thanks, Linda! n/m -  Yoli/CA on 2/26/15 4:40pm
 Yes, thanks Linda. n/m - jba/fl on 2/26/15 5:10pm
 Re: Ok...TC sends me a closing w/o my knowledge...BIG TIME SCREW -  JanetK_CA on 2/26/15 5:43pm
 Re: Ok...TC sends me a closing w/o my knowledge...BIG TIME SCREW - HrdwrkrVA on 2/26/15 6:12pm
 Oops - shud be 13 yrs - not yes. Darned auto-correct! n/m - HrdwrkrVA on 2/26/15 6:33pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.