Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

What went Wrong?!!
Posted by  NVLSlady/VA of VA on 8/13/16 12:47pm Msg #558153
Kind of a "funny" story . . . Other day I took a call from a MD Realtor who had spoken to me a few months ago; she remembered my notary service and asked if I could witness a R.E. transaction in Maryland. Since I couldn't, I referred her to a fellow notary who was very accommodating. Initially, I negotiated the deal after determining When, Where and How many signers (and there were FIVE!). I got the agent a nice fee - well over $xxx.00 and told her she could send me her invoice.

Deciding to act as a SS for the 1st time, I padded the fee to the Realtor ($20). Not bad for a referral fee! Realtor agreed and I arrange for notary to pick up docs at Realtor's office. Confirmations were sent to both.

After all this (unbeknownst to me), Realtor tells notary that signers will pay her; notary is confused and tells clients the agreed upon fee. Well, they offer her a $10 tip (as it was less than Realtor had quoted) and you know the rest! It still makes me smile a little when I think how the "middle man" (me) got completely cut out of the deal. Hope it makes you smile, too Wink

I might call this: How NOT to Run an interfering meddling middle-man SS!

p.s. To her credit, the clue-less notary offered to send me the $10; I told her she Earned it!! Got to have a sense of humor in this heat. Have a good weekend everyone!
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 What went Wrong?!! -  NVLSlady/VA on 8/13/16 12:47pm
 Funny story. I send referrals to other notaries all the -  MW/VA on 8/13/16 6:28pm
 Re: Funny story. I send referrals to other notaries all the -  NVLSlady/VA on 8/13/16 9:28pm
 A L.O. told me the other day that they have to -  NVLSlady/VA on 8/13/16 9:44pm
 Yes, the pie has gotten smaller, and everyone is trying to -  MW/VA on 8/14/16 9:06am

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.