Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Re: Questions about contractor not paying notaries-TX
Posted by LKT/CA of CA on 11/8/16 3:04pm Msg #564696
Seems that the agreement between this notary you hired and the notary that completed the loan signing must be worked out between those two.

Going forward, to keep a notary or Signing Service on their toes, your contract should include requiring PROOF that the notary signing agent who completes the loan signing is paid - within 5 days after YOU have paid them. If proof is not provided, your agreement with them is null and void. Also, your contract with the notary or Signing Service should be null and void if you receive ONE call from a notary who wasn't paid.

Another option would be to pay the notary, Signing Service and the notary signing agent separately after the loan funds and closes.
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Questions about contractor not paying notaries-TX - Christa Alamo Home Finance on 11/8/16 11:33am
 Re: Questions about contractor not paying notaries-TX -  Donna LaBelle on 11/8/16 12:07pm
 Re: Questions about contractor not paying notaries-TX - Christa Alamo Home Finance on 11/8/16 12:10pm
 Re: Questions about contractor not paying notaries-TX -  Ilene C. Seidel on 11/8/16 12:20pm
 Hmm ... seems to me it's only incidental this guy's a notary - BearPaw/CO on 11/8/16 12:27pm
 in CA when I got stiffed by - notarydi/CA on 11/8/16 2:17pm
 All too many SS owners know this and are "banking" on it. n/m -  Cheryl Elliott on 11/8/16 9:58pm
 Re: Questions about contractor not paying notaries-TX - LKT/CA on 11/8/16 3:04pm
 Christa, I am curious . . . since the booking agent/notary -  NVLSlady/VA on 11/8/16 4:20pm
 Are you referring to Alex? - Robert Owens on 11/8/16 5:38pm
 This is an all too common problem with people who set -  MW/VA on 11/8/16 7:04pm
 Re: This is an all too common problem with people who set -  ladyknc on 11/10/16 9:40am

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.