Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

What is the criteria of employment with the CA SOS?
Posted by Belinda/CA of CA on 12/1/16 11:25pm Msg #565955
They give out so many different answers it amazes me.

Had a call from a fellow notary today. The SOS told her that we are not allowed to cross out any verbiage on the certificates. We cannot cross out, line through, or otherwise mark the plurals/singulars. That that is altering the document and no alterations are allowed.

My friend told the lady that the county recorders require the he/she/they to be marked. The SOS gal told her if county recorders did not like it and refused to record the document that we are supposed to go down there and let them know we followed the SOS rules and they are supposed to record it. What?!

She said it is clearly stated in the Workbook that we are not to mark on the certificate in any way. I think she was referring to the bottom of page 30 in the workbook. There it talks about filling in the venue, date, your name, signer(s) name(s), sign and stamp. It does not say to x, line through, or circle verbiage in the certificate concerning he/she/they so she figures you are not allowed to do this.

No wonder notaries can't do things right when the SOS tells them goofy things.
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 What is the criteria of employment with the CA SOS? - Belinda/CA on 12/1/16 11:25pm
 Re: What is the criteria of employment with the CA SOS? - Belinda/CA on 12/1/16 11:29pm
 Re: What is the criteria of employment with the CA SOS? -  Cheryl Elliott on 12/2/16 8:40am
 Maybe former employement with XYZ? LOL They also -  MW/VA on 12/2/16 6:33pm
 Update: - Belinda/CA on 12/3/16 11:43am
 Admirable work, Belinda, & professional follow through! :) n/m -  Christine/OK on 12/3/16 11:50am
 Re: Update: -  JanetK_CA on 12/3/16 11:52pm
 Re: Update: -  Cheryl Elliott on 12/4/16 8:36am
 Re: Update: - Belinda/CA on 12/5/16 11:55pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.