Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Company enticed you and promisted you jobs ...
Posted by BobbiCT of CT on 2/15/17 10:10am Msg #570040
You should be AFTER THAT COMPANY that promised your work!!!
Did you sign a contract with them? Were the terms that they would pay $$$ per "job," "hour" or assignment?

Notary Public. As a notary public you are allowed by your state laws to charge $X for each notarization and $X per mile for travel (or you can set your own rate). For example, CT only allows a MAXIMUM of $5 per notarization and 35 cents per mile for travel. Basically, a full-time notary public among 50,000 other notaries plus every attorney and Judge cannot make a living on notarization fees. Particularly if you consider a CT notary can deduct 53.5 cents per mile from his/her federal income tax while traveling at a LOSS of 18.5 cents per mile, which is why our SOTS does NOT require notaries to travel.

Signing Agent. That is a totally different field. My GUESS is you bought into some kind of for-profit sales pitch. YOU must market yourself to the title insurance companies, loan officers and lenders, and maybe signing services that over the area that you plan to work in (one county, your whole state, 24/7 hours or 9-5 or 6pm-10pm hours).

Sad to state the obvious: There is NO guarantee of work to Independent Contractors such as signing agents. You need to have the equipment to do the job and at least three months of savings to carry you through while you build your business.

VIP: YOU SET YOUR OWN RATES. If you haven't already done so, work up your personal net profit model - what do I need to charge per assignment to make a "living" profit (Charge $XXX, after expenses, state and local taxes, Social Security or IRA savings, wear-and-tear on vehicle, E&O, business liability and car insurance, etc. = $$ you have left for food, shelter & personal expenses). "I did my research..." glad to hear you checked out how much competition you have in your area and what your competition's going rates are. Now market to the hiring companies that you found during your research.
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Loan Signing Certificates - Punday Notary Services, LLC - Peggy on 2/15/17 8:34am
 Re: Loan Signing Certificates -  Cheryl Elliott on 2/15/17 9:02am
 Re: Loan Signing Certificates - Linda_H/FL on 2/15/17 9:32am
 Apologies for typos...trying to get my thoughts down - Linda_H/FL on 2/15/17 9:34am
 Re: Loan Signing Certificates -  VT_Syrup on 2/15/17 9:33am
 Company enticed you and promisted you jobs ... - BobbiCT on 2/15/17 10:10am
 I agree. There's no co. that I know of that solicits this -  MW/VA on 2/15/17 1:25pm
 excellent BobbiCT and so well thought out.... n/m -  C. Rivera Chicago Notary Services on 2/15/17 1:51pm
 Re: Loan Signing Certificates - Punday Notary Services, LLC - Peggy on 2/15/17 3:34pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.