Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Yes, Michelle, some do "knowingly" (although presumably
Posted by  Christine/OK of OK on 3/18/17 6:29am Msg #572138
are probably reticent) pay for duplicate BGCs.

In a recent post ( Msg #572079 ) I spoke about this topic. Specifically, it was referencing Training/Certification/BGCs. I shared that I have asked a few of my clients to do a side-by-side check of the BGCs (which I did when the ANNUAL demand arose) comparing the contents of:

NPBC here at NR (CrimCheck)
Sterling
NNA BGC
etc.

They discovered that NPBC & Sterling, et al. are BETTER than the NNA BGC (more accurate and thorough).

So, if a Notary Public/NSA/CNSA, etc. has purchased the NR BGC (NPBC/CrimCheck) and have received the Fidelity portal url link (this will provide Fidelity with direct visibility to the full BGC), there should be no need for any additional BGCs.

If they choose to negotiate with their clients regarding requests they may receive for any specific BGC, there would be no need to purchase a BGC directly through Sterling and then another one through the Fidelity portal.

NOTE:
Since the BGC for Fidelity is executed through the Fidelity portal, Sterling resists providing a copy of that BGC to the notary because Fidelity is their client in that instance (you pay Fidelity for the BGC with your credit card - fee varies, my most recent fee for them was close to $80). As such, the notary will need to request that Fidelity provide them with a copy of that BGC (include it within the email reply that contains the Fidelity portal url link).

Michelle, apologies in advance if this reply appears obtuse. It's intricate and tough to write clearly & concisely on it. If this by chance leaves you with more questions than answers, please feel free to reach out 918-851-4909. I only suggest this as it seems that my response may seem a bit convoluted. Hopefully, it's helpful!
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 what's everyone doing for BGC? - Luckydog on 3/15/17 4:12pm
 I purchased mine from Maverick n/m - Louisiana33 on 3/15/17 4:39pm
 Re: BGC ... you have to find out from your hiring service .. -  John/CT on 3/15/17 6:23pm
 Re: BGC ... you have to find out from your hiring service .. -  janCA on 3/15/17 7:16pm
 I only do my BGC through NR. ;-) n/m -  MW/VA on 3/15/17 6:51pm
 Re: I only do my BGC through NR. ;-) - Luckydog on 3/15/17 8:34pm
 Lucky, like janCA, Sterling, my experience mirrors hers -  Christine/OK on 3/16/17 6:18am
 Re: what -  LynnNC on 3/16/17 12:12pm
 Re: what - Luckydog on 3/16/17 1:57pm
 Lucky, Sterling BGC is nearly 3X the fee for Premier member -  Christine/OK on 3/16/17 5:49pm
 Sterling BGC is nearly 3X the fee . . . - NVLSlady/VA on 3/17/17 9:52pm
 Yes, Michelle, some do "knowingly" (although presumably -  Christine/OK on 3/18/17 6:29am
 THanks . . . your explanation IS helpful. The whole process - NVLSlady/VA on 3/18/17 4:26pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.