Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

peoples Bank Mi
Posted by Joe/NC of NC on 4/25/17 1:01pm Msg #574200
Has anyone done work for Peoples Bank in Michigan?

I highly recommend you STAY AWAY from Them. I was contracted on March 18th to do an application signing for them and it turned into a nightmare. It was a VA application, BIIG Package.

I met with the borrowers and of course they had none of the documents they were suppose to have ready for me, they looked over every paper and saw the numbers were not what the y expected so they called the loan officer and spent awhile on the phone.

I was there over and hour and they decide not to sign. I picked up everything and left.

I called people bank and the Manager told me that the borrowers told him I was not cooperative and theta their ids were no good. I told him I told them that this is only an a application and once it is approved they will send someone out to do the actual closing, there will be a 3 day recission if something is not agreeable, you will need valid Id once this occurs.

I have been battling to get my $100 from these people over a month, the manager says he will never use me again, I did nothing wrong the people decided not to sign do to the fact they were told different numbers than what they saw.

So moving forward I received a call for a signing for tonight from a law firm, I called the borrower last night and was told his wife did not have proper id that they applied for it, something triggered my mind about them and looked through my file, it is the same borrower I went to for the application signing. I called the law firm and told them that the spouse does not have valid id and I cant notarize her docs and also I was there a month ago for Peoples bank and never got paid by them, even though this had no bearing on the law firm. I told them I an uncomfortable going out to this home again and besides it is a VA loan and your only offering $90 this is a big package normally.

I was hoping the law firm may have had some connection with the peoples bank but apparently the loan was through another lender.

Is it wise for me to contact the attorney general of Michigan to file a complaint against People bank, I know its just a $100 but this type of thing happens to many of us in the signing business and needs to stop.

Joe/NC
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 peoples Bank Mi - Joe/NC on 4/25/17 1:01pm
 I'd skip the complaint . . . - NVLSlady/VA on 4/25/17 2:43pm
 Re: peoples Bank Mi - Luckydog on 4/25/17 2:45pm
 Agree, had no way to go but.... n/m - NVLSlady/VA on 4/25/17 2:53pm
 I've done some signings for that bank, but it was through -  MW/VA on 4/25/17 4:38pm
 Speaking of incompetence... - NVLSlady/VA on 4/25/17 11:01pm
 Re: peoples Bank Mi -  Cheryl Elliott on 4/25/17 7:23pm
 I completely agree Cheryl. It's too easy to through the -  MW/VA on 4/26/17 11:14am
 Re: peoples Bank Mi - PATTY/NV on 4/25/17 8:33pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.