Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Re: Had a heartbreaking seller pkg. signing tonight, It was for
Posted by  JanetK_CA of CA on 4/25/17 1:23pm Msg #574202
Reminds me of a mod signing I did shortly after the meltdown, in 2008 or 2009, for a hardworking, shop supervisor type. He did all the stuff people always say to do, lived simply, saved his $$, etc. They had sold their home in the "Inland Empire" (can't remember if it was Riverside or San Bernardino - very hard hit area), took $200K in equity and plopped it down on a nicer home in So OC. After the crash, he felt like he might as well have flushed that money down the toilet.

The mod signing took maybe 15 minutes, but it took another 15 minutes standing by my car for this guy to finish venting, verbally spilling his guts about how many years it took him to work up to that, about the 4th generation that was about to be living under his roof, etc., etc. I felt so bad for this guy. He was practically in tears, but never wanted to let it show in front of his family. I hope they were able to stay in that home because by now, it's surely regained its value and then some. For me, this guy was the face of the "meltdown"... but he was probably one of the lucky ones, since he was able to get a modification.

A couple in their 80's though? Heartbreaking doesn't seem to even cover it... so sad! Frown
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Had a heartbreaking seller pkg. signing tonight, It was for -  MW/VA on 4/24/17 9:13pm
 Re: Had a heartbreaking seller pkg. signing tonight, It was for - Joe Ewing on 4/25/17 1:12am
 Re: Had a heartbreaking seller pkg. signing tonight, It was for - SteveS/CA on 4/25/17 1:59am
 Re: Had a heartbreaking seller pkg. signing tonight, It was for - LKT/CA on 4/25/17 5:48am
 Re: Had a heartbreaking seller pkg. signing tonight, It was for -  Cari on 4/25/17 10:32am
 Re: Had a heartbreaking seller pkg. signing tonight, It was for - Luckydog on 4/25/17 11:05am
 Re: Had a heartbreaking seller pkg. signing tonight, It was for -  JanetK_CA on 4/25/17 1:23pm
 Re: Had a heartbreaking seller pkg. signing tonight, It was for - JkWa on 4/26/17 9:02am

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.