Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Re: What in God
Posted by  Bee_CA of CA on 10/11/17 1:12pm Msg #584504
I worked for Fidelity National Title for a National Division and was asked to get my commission to notarized documents for the company. I transferred from NorCal to SoCal with them. No kids to take care of and extra time on my hands since I didn't know anyone there except for my boyfriend (now husband) who moved with me, so I decided to do some evening & weekend signings for BancServ.
Moved back to NorCal, still with FNT and continued to do evening/weekend signings.
Changed title companies, division closed (merged with SoCal division), moved to local escrow branch and got laid off in 2000!!
I tried to get out of the industry all together, but I would I still would have had to do signings in the evening because now I have two little girls that needed daycare!
Took a leap and decided to become a full time NSA. Started off slow with contacts I had in the title/signing service business and always told my husband that I would go back to work in an office if I couldn't get enough business.
Here I am, 17 years later, still plugging away!! The flexibility of the job worked so well when my girls were in school. I was able to volunteer once a week in both of their classes. I was the Art Docent for both of their classes K-5 grades. I went on field trips. I would pick them up from school, help with homework, music lessons, sports and then head out again for some evening appointments once my husband was home. Now they are both in college!
It's been a true blessing for me and my family. Smile
Thanks for asking Cheryl!!
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 What in God's name got you into this biz in the first place? -  Cheryl Elliott on 10/7/17 10:38am
 Re: What in God - Luckydog on 10/7/17 10:52am
 Re: What in God -  Yoli/CA on 10/7/17 11:10am
 Luckydog- same here! I started in 2004 with 5 kids - ananotary on 10/8/17 12:03pm
 Re: Well, I Got A Call One Day -  Scriba/NM on 10/7/17 8:19pm
 Re: What in God - Tonya Cantrell on 10/8/17 7:57am
 Congratulations, Tonya! -  Cheryl Elliott on 10/8/17 8:31am
 Re: Congratulations, Tonya! - Luckydog on 10/8/17 9:51am
 Re: What in God -  VT_Syrup on 10/8/17 11:08am
 Re: What in God -  janCA on 10/9/17 11:39am
 Re: What in God..... my story -  OR on 10/9/17 12:57pm
 Re: What in God..... my story - Luckydog on 10/9/17 3:18pm
 Good for you JoAnn, especially in White City! -  sigtogo/OR on 10/9/17 3:38pm
 Re: Good for you JoAnn, especially in White City! I do have -  Simple Solutions Notary Service - JoAnn Baracosa on 10/9/17 11:50pm
 My story -  sigtogo/OR on 10/9/17 4:26pm
 Re: What in God -  Bee_CA on 10/11/17 1:12pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.