Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Re: NexGen Signing Service, LLC
Posted by PegiT_MN of MN on 1/9/18 4:31pm Msg #588516
No worries ananotary. It's fine if you think $100 is not "good" pay. It may not be "good" pay out in California but for here in Minnesota and for the scope of work that was involved, it was "terrific" pay. You are free to run your business the way you see fit and what's even better is I am able to run my business the way I see fit. We're all winners! I'm not going to judge you for the fees and terms you accept, so please don't judge me. It works for me and that's all that matters. I'm going to tell you a little bit about my $100 closing though.

NexGen calls me and asks if I can do the first part of a dual signing. Borrowers have the docs so no printing involved. Borrowers will be coming to me on their way to the airport (even better, I don't have to leave my office). I sign daughter and son-in-law who live here in Minnesota. Son-in-law takes signed docs with him to the airport to fly out to California and meet with the second notary the following morning for his mother-in-law to sign (which means I didn't even have to go drop the docs at Fed Ex). I think I spent a total of 20 minutes on that one. Still think $100 is not "good" pay?

As far as payment times go, I don't have a problem with net 45-60 days. I have been self-employed in the mortgage business for over 15 years and it's not uncommon to wait 45-60 days to get paid for a transaction. I understand that some people have a problem with this, but I'm just so used to it that it doesn't bother me. Some people have a problem with sending an invoice . . . that doesn't bother me either.

One thing I would like to say is that we need to start being a little less judgmental of our peers for the types of business and payment terms they accept. Each and every one of us is our own business owner and we run our individual businesses as we see fit. What works for me here in Minnesota probably won't work for a notary in California, I respect that. I am able to accept $85.00-$100.00 closings, I am able to run my receivables at net 45-60 days, I am able to close 900-1,000 loans per year due to the close proximity of my signing appointments, and I am able to make a profit. Not everyone can model their business that way. I respect the fact that others can't do that and I would never put you down for that or tell you that taking a $100 signing is not "good" pay or that net 60 is unacceptable. We are all our own boss and we run our business as we see fit. This just so happens to be the way I run my business . . . and it works for me.
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 NexGen Signing Service, LLC - PegiT_MN on 1/9/18 10:48am
 Re: NexGen Signing Service, LLC -  Cheryl Elliott on 1/9/18 11:11am
 Re: NexGen Signing Service, LLC - Lee/AR on 1/9/18 12:47pm
 Re: NexGen Signing Service, LLC - ananotary on 1/9/18 1:24pm
 Re: NexGen Signing Service, LLC - PegiT_MN on 1/9/18 4:31pm
 Nice example here of why Msg #588409 thread - NVLSlady/VA on 1/9/18 10:15pm
 Re: NexGen Signing Service, LLC - ananotary on 1/10/18 10:35am
 Re: NexGen Signing Service, LLC -  sparky/NM on 1/9/18 2:09pm
 60 days is not acceptable. Not even close. I refuse to be in - grapebed on 1/9/18 3:44pm
 Re: NexGen Signing Service, LLC - Melissa Harty-Swaleh on 5/2/19 11:17am

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.