Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Re: The difference between knowing what a service if worth &
Posted by CopperheadVA of VA on 5/22/18 1:26pm Msg #593635
I charge for my time on these, and the oath is complimentary (I don't charge a separate fee for it.) I have done many, and after getting stuck waiting because of any of of the following reasons, I learned to charge for an hour of my time:

1) Court does not begin on time.
2) The other party in involved does not show up to court on time, so that case is put at the end of the docket. Guess what? You get to wait. A long time.
3) The notary must arrive at least 15 minutes early to ID the person, log info into notarial journal, take care of payment before court begins, and be completely ready when the court session starts. Payment must be taken care of prior to court beginning, so the notary is free to leave immediately after the oath is administered. The judge typically excuses the notary.
4) Sometimes a copy of my notary commission is required to be faxed to the courthouse and you may not find that out until you speak with the judge. Faxing is an additional service that takes time and equipment.

I charge along the lines of what Lee/AR mentioned - again, this is for me to set aside an hour of my time at the appointment as well as the travel to and from. I am very clear with my fees on these, so folks are free to hire me or continue looking for a cheaper notary.
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 The difference between knowing what a service if worth & -  MW/VA on 5/22/18 10:51am
 Opinion vs facts - Lee/AR on 5/22/18 11:13am
 Re: The difference between knowing what a service if worth & - Linda Professional Resource Group, Inc. on 5/22/18 11:49am
 Right. We'd prob lose our commission - NVLSlady/VA on 5/22/18 11:56am
 lose your commission if you did what? -  sigtogo/OR on 5/22/18 1:26pm
 Re: The difference between knowing what a service if worth & - CopperheadVA on 5/22/18 1:26pm
 Excellent summary of considerations! Our time has value! n/m -  JanetK_CA on 5/22/18 9:49pm
 Helpful info - GNW and Court Depositions - NVLSlady/VA on 5/23/18 10:45am
 Re: The difference between knowing what a service if worth & -  sparky/NM on 5/22/18 5:20pm
 Re: The difference between knowing what a service if worth & -  janCA on 5/22/18 5:41pm
 Amen. n/m - Alz on 5/22/18 11:17pm
 Thanks for all the input. I think I'll adjust my fee from -  MW/VA on 5/22/18 6:02pm
 Hmmm. Don't think you should second guess yourself - NVLSlady/VA on 5/22/18 10:29pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.