Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Re: Looks like IN made the same stupid mistake AR did, but fixed
Posted by  VT_Syrup of VT on 7/14/18 2:55pm Msg #595887
Linda in IN wrote "As far as the IRS mileage, I have always been told that is a calculation--or guide--that we as notaries need to know, especially at tax time. Prior to this legislation, mileage wasn't even mentioned in Indiana. So this is still an improvement over past legislation."

I'm not familiar with the previous version of the legislation. But if it said nothing about travel, then travel fell outside the scope of the law, and the notary and signer could negotiate whatever they thought was appropriate. But by mentioning it, the new law limits it, so this is a degradation, not an improvement.

As for looking at it overall, sure, it may be better overall for the notary. But for the individual who needs one page with one signature notarized and doesn't have a notary very close, that notary may be unable to find a notary who will take the job for $14.16.
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 IN notaries KNOW YOUR REGS: increase your income -  Linda_in_IN on 7/13/18 7:24am
 Looks like IN made the same stupid mistake AR did, but fixed - Lee/AR on 7/13/18 7:41am
 Re: Looks like IN made the same stupid mistake AR did, but fixed -  Linda_in_IN on 7/14/18 10:37am
 Re: Looks like IN made the same stupid mistake AR did, but fixed -  VT_Syrup on 7/14/18 2:55pm
 Agree VT_Syrup - Lee/AR on 7/14/18 5:11pm
 No doubt: $10/signature certainly helps! Still... - Lee/AR on 7/15/18 9:27am
 Personally I think Indiana needs to better word this law - Linda_H/FL on 7/15/18 7:55am
 Re: Personally I think Indiana needs to better word this law -  JanetK_CA on 7/15/18 3:27pm
 Re: IN notaries KNOW YOUR REGS: increase your income - Clem/CA on 7/16/18 1:04pm
 Sure, Clem - and you guys get $90 :) n/m - Linda_H/FL on 7/17/18 8:17am

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.