Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Re: One thing I learned is that if you don
Posted by MikeC/TX of TX on 10/3/18 6:35pm Msg #599086
"The calls are coming from all states and lot of them from my own area as the area code and 3-digit prefix are the same as mine."

That's called "neighborhooding", and I get that all the time. I just ignore those calls and if they don't leave a message on the second attempt (Hiya keeps track of how many calls per number), I just block them.

It's a bit easier for me because I kept my cell number when I moved from NY to TX - so if I see a "neighborhood" call, I can safely ignore it. I love HiYa, but one of the things I would like to see in it is just a hangup on a blocked call. Blocked calls can get through to voicemail, and I'm getting tired of mechanical calls from the IRS telling me that deputies are on their way to me with an arrest warrant...
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Just downloaded HIYA -  Cheryl Elliott on 10/2/18 5:01pm
 I use Hiya & love it. I got at least 6 spam calls today! -  MW/VA on 10/2/18 5:44pm
 One thing I learned is that if you don't say anything when -  Cheryl Elliott on 10/3/18 12:48am
 Re: One thing I learned is that if you don - MikeC/TX on 10/3/18 6:35pm
 "Ignoring this call intentionally avoiding appearance" - NVLSlady/VA on 10/4/18 9:53am
 Re: "Ignoring this call intentionally avoiding appearance" - MikeC/TX on 10/4/18 6:05pm
 5 Best iOS Apps To Detect and Block Annoying Calls on iPhone - Clem/CA on 10/2/18 7:24pm
 and for android users -  Cheryl Elliott on 10/3/18 1:07am
 Re: Hiya I just installed it on my phone and -  OR on 10/4/18 1:17pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.