Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Social Security Administration verification form ...
Posted by Yoli/CA of CA on 10/4/18 9:08am Msg #599100
The SSA release authorization form has verbiage right above the signature line which states:

"This consent is valid only for 90 days from the date signed, unless indicated otherwise by the individual named above. If you wish to change this timeframe, fill in the following:

This consent is valid for ___ days from the date signed. _____ (Please initial.)"

In my almost 13 years of doing this, only once has the borrower indicated a different timeframe and initialed. Usually, we just leave that blank, IME. One other time, TC specifically instructed to have borrowers initial. Borrowers did so. However, they also wrote in "90" in that blank. They were not leaving anything to chance.

Last week, I had one that borrower left blank (TC had not given instructed otherwise). BUT, when TC received docs, she called and said borrower should have initialed. She was contacting borrower directly to have that "corrected." I pointed out to her that form specifically stated "if you wish to change ...." TC said the initialing requirement is lender-specific and this particular lender wants initials. Guess NSA should have been notified?

What's your procedure on this? I'm starting to second-guess myself .....

PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Social Security Administration verification form ... - Yoli/CA on 10/4/18 9:08am
 Re: Social Security Administration verification form ... - Jack/AL on 10/4/18 10:30am
 I give the signers the option - notarydi/CA on 10/4/18 10:31am
 Re: Social Security Administration verification form ... - Clem/CA on 10/4/18 10:48am
 Re: Social Security Administration verification form ... -  OR on 10/4/18 12:37pm
 I just have then sign it. There would be no real reason -  MW/VA on 10/4/18 1:40pm
 Re: Social Security Administration verification form ... - Alz on 10/4/18 2:22pm
 Re: Social Security Administration verification form ... - Sue on 10/8/18 2:12pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.