Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Extended Coverage Endorsement
Posted by Art_FL of PA on 5/25/19 10:00am Msg #606708
Harry can answer whether the company which issues the Notary E&O also provides an extended coverage endorsement covering a notary who retires. My attorney E&O provided this at no cost when I retired, so that it will defend me & cover claims for acts or omissions which occurred during the years I was insured.

He may also be able to verify that notary E&O policies issued for the past 20 years are "claims made" policies, and that coverage is not provided by the policy in effect at the time of the occurrence.

The policy sold by NR very clearly states that the company must be notified within 10 days of a "possible" claim, so it is critical that a notary does not try to deal with requests for records personally as it is impossible to know where the request may lead.
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Extended Coverage Endorsement - Art_FL on 5/25/19 10:00am
 Re: Extended Coverage Endorsement - LJCA on 5/25/19 3:17pm
 Re: When this happens - Carolyn Bodley on 5/25/19 5:26pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.