Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

I don't mind these calls.
Posted by  Linda_TN of IN on 8/7/19 1:27pm Msg #609173
I'll try to keep them on the phone for as long as I can, asking questions like you stated you ask. Why me? How did you get my number? What exactly is wrong with my system? Can your tech guy walk me through what I need to do to fix it? Can I talk to your tech guy that found the problem? And when I tell them I have more than one system, they ask for confirmation -- which I turn back on them by telling them they need to tell me which system, since they know the system that needs fixing (unfortunately, the #2 system is no longer being used on a regular basis and for the most part is powered off). The last guy that called stayed on the phone with me for almost 20 minutes. Until he got so frustrated with me because I wouldn't give any information and kept asking questions that he hung up after yelling at me over the phone. About an hour later BANG. Another call from the same area code and prefix. So the fun began again. This time the guy only lasted about 5 minutes.

If I don't have the time, I'll ask them to hold (someone is at the door) put the phone on mute, and set it down on my desk and see how long they stay on the line. Sorta like putting the desk phone in a drawer.
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 MicroSoft Windows phone scam - Lee/AR on 8/5/19 1:22pm
 Re: MicroSoft Windows phone scam - SteveS/CA on 8/5/19 2:22pm
 Sounds like one of the run of the mill computer scams. They -  MW/VA on 8/5/19 3:29pm
 Re: Sounds like one of the run of the mill computer scams. They - kcg on 8/5/19 4:57pm
 Re: MicroSoft Windows phone scam - Luckydog on 8/5/19 6:58pm
 Re: MicroSoft Windows phone scam -  Mike Goodey on 8/6/19 3:30pm
 Re: MicroSoft Windows phone scam - Luckydog on 8/6/19 3:32pm
 I don't mind these calls. -  Linda_TN on 8/7/19 1:27pm
 Love your game...will play next time they call. n/m - Lee/AR on 8/7/19 4:45pm
 Re: I don - Luckydog on 8/8/19 9:20am

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.