Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Re: mixed feelings on borrower recieving docs...
Posted by CaliNotary of CA on 8/11/05 12:56pm Msg #58327
It's an easy fix even if there isn't a second set of documents. If the borrower signed something where you need to witness his signature, you simply have him sign the same document again, above or underneath or next to his signature. No biggie.

Personally, I like when the docs are sent directly to the borrower because it usually means that the signing is going to go much quicker. I never review the docs before a signing, whatever they send me is what gets signed. It's not my job to do quality control checks to make sure the title company is doing their job correctly. If they screw up what they send me, they can pay me to go out again. In 2+ years of doing this job, I've never had an instance where this was a problem and I've saved literally hundreds of hours over somebody who thoroughly reviews each set of documents before a signing. And time is money baby!

And if the borrower spills on the docs before I get there? So what? Ain't my problem. The docs are still legal, they're just not as pristine looking. These things are out of our control so why worry about them beforehand?
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 mixed feelings on borrower recieving docs... -  Charm_AL on 8/11/05 9:41am
 Re: mixed feelings on borrower recieving docs... - Hi on 8/11/05 9:43am
 Re: mixed feelings on borrower recieving docs... -  Charm_AL on 8/11/05 9:45am
 Re: mixed feelings on borrower recieving docs... - brian/CA on 8/11/05 12:26pm
 Re: mixed feelings on borrower recieving docs... - Hi on 8/11/05 9:46am
 Re: mixed feelings on borrower recieving docs... - hi on 8/11/05 9:48am
 Re: mixed feelings on borrower recieving docs... - MistarellaFL on 8/11/05 9:51am
 Re: mixed feelings on borrower receiving docs... - Charm_AL on 8/11/05 10:11am
 Re: mixed feelings on borrower recieving docs... - Brian?CA on 8/11/05 12:30pm
 Re: mixed feelings on borrower recieving docs... - cms_mi on 8/11/05 1:39pm
 Just to be safe - Dogmoner, Ca on 8/11/05 9:48am
 Re: mixed feelings on borrower recieving docs... - DellaCa on 8/11/05 10:10am
 Re: mixed feelings on borrower receiving docs... -  Charm_AL on 8/11/05 10:16am
 Re: mixed feelings on borrower receiving docs... - DellaCa on 8/11/05 11:25am
 Re: mixed feelings on borrower recieving docs... - MB/CA on 8/11/05 10:21am
 Re: mixed feelings on borrower recieving docs... - CaliNotary on 8/11/05 12:56pm
 Another Reason to Call Borrowers... - Sara-NV on 8/11/05 11:21am
 ON ANOTHER NOTE for borrower receiving the docs... - TCMN on 8/11/05 12:38pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.