Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Consider this pricing correction
Posted by sisgnerbill of CA on 7/25/11 7:30pm Msg #391179
OK let me clarify a couple of miss understandings on my post. You are all correct that you are to acknowledge who the signer is and that is all. Being held accountable for proper ID of a signer is true. But where the issue COULD ARISE is if you don’t know enough to look into the documents to be sure that it is the correct signer. I have had Jr., Sr. IIIs, etc. where it was listed incorrectly. Many foreign signers both South of USA and Pacific Rim, the names will be totally different between husband and wife with relation to the surname placement. I have never been “burned” but I have been the “burner” three times on fraudulent lending transactions in the last 4 years. Two of these were inter-family where the names were the same.
Detect and Deter Fraud is one of our duties as Notary Publics, upon stamping the document you are saying that this document belongs to this signer that you just witnessed (acknowledged).
What’s it worth, to save a lender lots of money, your time in court, or the endless phone interviews.. $45.00 out of $250.00 ???,, yea that’s it.
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Consider this pricing - sisgnerbill on 7/25/11 1:35pm
 Re: Consider this pricing...Bill....Bill....Bill.... -  Stephanie Santiago on 7/25/11 1:53pm
 Consider this pricing correction - sisgnerbill on 7/25/11 7:30pm
 Re: Consider this pricing correction -  JanetK_CA on 7/26/11 1:07am
 Re: Consider this pricing -  Stephanie Santiago on 7/25/11 1:59pm
 Re: Consider this pricing -  Marian_in_CA on 7/25/11 4:54pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.