Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Re: Remarks from SS-gotta jump in here
Posted by BrendaTX of TX on 10/25/05 9:58pm Msg #72330
Here's a thought...just for discussion...and, maybe I am wrong, but I don't think that signing service people have much time to jicky-jacky around and rate notaries.

And, why would they want to give their direct competition a big heads up on a sorry notary?

In fact, I have SS owner buddies whom I believe have called and gotten a good ref on a bad notary from their competition. Pals, if you think our business is competitive, think about the SS!

They've got to watch their backs from the title co and lender because crap runs downhill. And, they have to watch their backs from the other ss's...and then there are notaries who solicit their clients constantly because notaries resent the heck out of being brokered. (Not commenting on the rightness or wrongness ... just that notaries don't have any loyalty to an SS any more than they have to the notary.)

I really don't think that any truly GOOD ss is rating notaries on routine basis unless they are sharing a database of notaries like AMR, Negrete's and ASAP are. They they have somewhat of a reason to make notes.

The ss's database of notaries is their true asset. Without a very good database of notaries they cannot bargain with the notaries or send work at a moment's notice...so I don't think they are going to help any other ss clean up their database if that one is in competition with them.

But...back to the commenting...

If you think you did something wrong, you probably did.

But, really...what's there to guess about? The package will come back to you if you screwed something up.

Did you get a package kicked back because you missed signatures or notarial acts?
If no, then forget it.

Refuse to give in to paranoia. When business is slow, do lots of marketing.

Just figure they found someone cheaper. I have called when I felt like certain clients were being really quiet...I found out they had no work for me, but they started calling again soon.

Keep a very good attitude, be professional, set your prices and your policies and don't let it bother you even if someone does talk trash about you. Just do your job right, be on time, don't pick your nose at the signing table, and avoid eating a lot of garlic at the end of the month.

PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Remarks from SS - Anonymous on 10/25/05 4:53pm
 Re: Remarks from SS -  Charm_AL on 10/25/05 5:00pm
 Re: Remarks from SS - Anonymous on 10/25/05 5:00pm
 Re: Remarks from SS -  Charm_AL on 10/25/05 5:29pm
 Re: Remarks from SS - Anonymous on 10/25/05 5:33pm
 Re: Remarks from SS - BLE/MD on 10/25/05 6:37pm
 Re: Remarks from SS - srnotary on 10/25/05 6:41pm
 Re: Remarks from SS - 1stopnotary on 10/25/05 7:11pm
 Re: Remarks from SS - srnotary on 10/25/05 7:48pm
 The first rule I learned - Tennessee on 10/25/05 7:54pm
 Re: Remarks from SS-gotta jump in here - BrendaTX on 10/25/05 9:58pm
 Re: Remarks from SS-gotta jump in here - Andy Le on 10/25/05 10:34pm
 Re: Remarks from SS-gotta jump in here - BrendaTX on 10/26/05 12:33am
 Re: jicky-jacky-- is this the same as fiddle fart? nm - CarolynCO on 10/26/05 11:40am

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.